A lot of you asked for a few different capsule wardrobe posts and today it’s all about shoes. I will admit, I am not super adventurous when it comes to shoes ( I will NOT be participating in any platform sneakers/ lug sole anything or grandma-esque high cut flats that look hospital issued). I like to buy really good shoes in neutral colors that flatter my foot and legs and wear them to death. Although I’d like to incorporate SOME color into my show wardrobe- this is a grouping of my MUST haves.
- Louboutin 85 heels- the Pigalle and Kate 85’s are just high enough to be sexy but not so high that your feet kill and you walk like a newborn giraffe. My black pair I got over 10 years ago and I’ve had them resoled and re-heeled three times (a place near me does grippy red sole replacements!) I wear them AALL the time and cost epr wear is down to very little- so I bought a nude pair. Buy better, buy less!
- Low heel suede bootie– I buy a new pair every 2 years because they get so beat up I wear them to often- I have some by Marc Fisher (pull on) I wear a lot but I like the buckle detail on these as they look cute with long skirts/ dresses that way.
- A strappy gold heel– a timeless event bystander! These from Larroude are comfy and the slingback really makes your legs look longer, as opposed to an ankle strap!
- A neutral suede sneaker– I have these in a caramel suede and I LOVE them. They have a mini wedge inside so you feel a little lifted!
- These Tamara Mellon sandals with PVC insets are THE SH*T. I wear them non stop in the summer. I want the heeled version now (and they now have cushion insoles!)
- I do not OWN these Valentino wedges, but I have a couple pairs very close- this is a style I wear a lot with summer dresses so may be worth the splurge.
- A leopard, calf hair flat. These loafers are a comfy everyday/ office shoe that dresses up jeans or adds some attitude to black pants. For summer I want THESE.
- Ballet flats in camel and black. These have a great pointed toe that doesn’t hurt. A classic.
- I have four pairs of these Nike sneakers for working out and running.
- At first I was on the fence about these PVC strap heels- but holy SMOKES they just dissapear onto your foot and make your legs look SO long! And they are affordable and comfy!
- A heeled black bootie. With black tights or with jeans.
- A leopard heel– DUH. I would totally buy a fancy pair of Loubs in leopard but for some reason they do not have any!!!!
- Stuart Weitzman Gillian boots– I have these in black suede and brown suede and I LOEV LOVE them. So flattering- great with skinny jeans, dresses and skirts. The heel is enough so you feel dressed up but I could walk in them for a whole day.
- A caramel slide on sandal. Like the Hermes ones, but not. :) Also these are cute too.
- OK, I have NOT gone down the Golden Goose rabbit hole yet- my friends insist they are the best. I have some P448’s in white I like a lot that are half the price, but I do kind of want to know what the fuss is about…. anyways, a classic white leather sneaker is a must.
- I mean it is New England- ya gotta have Sorels.
- These Marc Fisher pointed toe block heels are SO great and come in tons of colors. I great buy!
What are YOUR favorite shoes you can’t live without? Dream shoes? Best buy?