Everyone loves a good capsule wardrobe – at least in theory, right? Last night as I was getting ready to go out I was looking through my (way too full) coat closet and still could not find the right coat for my outfit. I really needed a short black faux fur type situation, and I don’t have one. It got me thinking about essential outerwear – and if I were to create a closet from scratch of “must haves” (not including sports-specific outerwear) I think this would be it! What other types of capsule wardrobe roundups would you like to see?
Click images for links:
- The classic trench. A no brainer and must have.
- A black puffer coat for winter – this one fits awesome and is made of down alternative.
- A colorful statement coat- blue, red, pink – whatever, I love this blue tone. Also this one I saw in person.
- OMG I wear this faux leather puffer TO DEATH. And it’s on sale right now! I may also need it in black.
- An animal print coat – faux fur or other material. #leopardisaneutral (I am obsessed with this but way too $$$)
- A real or faux leather jacket, this one has a more blazer style, this one is a classic biker jacket.
- As mentioned above, a cropped furry black coat for “going out” (p.s did you see this article??)
- A teddy coat in a classic neutral.
- A tailored, fancier camel wool coat for dressier occasions or work.
- A textured sherpa vest – great weekend topper.
- An olive quilted field jacket. Another fall staple.
- A denim jacket – always.