We are looking for a full time interior designer (4 days in our office in Wellesley, Friday can work remotely) who is looking to join the fun, creative, friendly team at Erin Gates Design! Join myself (the creative director and principal) and two other senior level designers in creating homes nationwide for a variety of clients. Must be a self-starter, eager to learn our process but also confident enough to bring your own flair to it and be comfortable in a laid back office environment.
- Act as main contact and designer on several projects at once- completing all working drawings, floor plans, elevations, material schemes, quoting, budgets and schedules.
- Communicate comfortably with architects, builders, showrooms, vendors and clients themselves. Attend site meetings, installations, measures, etc.
- Be nimble and able to move from project to project within any given day.
- Collaborate with Erin (principal) on large projects but be a real self starter on smaller projects.
- Has 5+ years experience in residential design.
- Has very strong AutoCAD skills (floor plans, elevations, custom furniture design, etc.) No 3D rendering required.
- Very organized and able to keep track of multiple projects at once.
- Loves to collaborate and share ideas.
- Is willing to pitch in on various tasks outside your title- from helping with product design to organizing the fabric library.
- Has a car, valid license and is vaccinated.
Mon-Thursday 8:30-4:30 in office, Friday can work remote.
Commensurate with experience (we’re serious). Healthcare, 401K, and Profit Sharing. Paid vacation.
Email resume, cover letter and portfolio of work to: email@example.com
Director of Operations
Director of Operations is a new role at EGD and one that will be part description below and part what you make of it. We’ve been growing steadily since we opened our doors in 2007 and are now to a point where we need to take our business to the next stage. We’re looking for a high energy leader to help shape the future of EGD and all it can be. We’ve got incredible things in process and even more on the horizon, so this position will be crucial to establishing a stable and forward- thinking framework for not only the design business but also the brand as a whole.
Here is what we think you need to do:
- Be responsible for overseeing finances. Work with our accountant, review P&Ls, do weekly deposits and think strategically about where we grow and invest.
- Oversee HR and payroll. We’re small enough for this to be a light lift, but we still need someone focused on it.
- Partner with our Director of Business Development to seek out new opportunities for growth and acting proactively in new endeavors.
- Since we’re small, we need this role to also make sure the office runs smoothly as well, which means everything from working with the landlord on any real estate/office needs or issues, keeping everything the staff needs in stock and managing schedules, meetings and helping manage workflow.
This role will ultimately be what you make it. If you don’t have an entrepreneurial spirit at heart, it may not be a good fit. We’re looking for someone to focus on the business side of EGD helping us to figure out the long term vision and execute on the short term opportunities.
- Love design, fashion and all that goes into it, but are better suited to run a business. NO DESIGN EXPERIENCE NEEDED.
- Type A. Or A+.
- Thinks knocking out a to-do list is FUN.
- Probably an extrovert or an introvert who has mastered the skill. You’ll interface with clients, vendors and partners.
- Loves to find a way to make things easier or simpler.
- Loves to think big, but can still come back down to earth and get things done.
- Thinks work should be fun and balanced. We work hard but we all have lives outside of work.
- Hopefully have followed Erin’s career and have always thought you could help take her to the next level (not required).
- Have at least 5+ years of relevant experience (relevant to running a business, not necessarily to interior design). DOES NOT HAVE TO BE RECENT. We will happily welcome people wanting to re-enter the workforce.
- Is vaccinated.
Flexible- could be full time but potentially 3-4 days a week as well. We’re looking first for the right person, and so schedule/exact hours is a little less important.
Commensurate with experience (we’re serious). Healthcare, 401K, and Profit Sharing. Paid vacation, flexible work schedule.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org