It’s been a long week. And right now feels like this will never end. I’ve been trying to keep getting dressed in real clothes and putting on a little makeup to keep myself from getting too depressed and down. I think it helps a little bit. And I think this weekend I need a little home spa time- I’m 31 weeks pregnant now and feeling it! So I thought I’d share some fo the new products I’ve tried that I like and some great buys for basic at home beauty care, like nails and waxing- it’s getting dire! Also am working on a post with my hair stylist about how to address hair issues at home like faded highlights, roots and giving your significant other / kids a trim without scarring them for life!
Click images for links
This first row of products is what I like to use to quickly feel like less of a slob in the morning, even though I’m seeing no one other than Andrew, Henry and Dee all day.
- Goof proof, hydrating and perfecting CC cream- a MUST try if you have not yet. I wear the medium tone and just rub it in with my fingers.
- The easiest gel cheek color to use. Spreads effortlessly, gives you a little flush. I like Dusk, Haze and Storm.
- Looooove this concealer (and how cute is the packaging??). Really covers with a light liquid formula.
- I’ve been wearing this in “Force of Nature” everyday as it’s a moisturizing, very pretty nude that feels rich but not sticky. Was wearing this gloss in my house tour video.
- I got a sample of this and I love it. Such a good natural looking but dramatic lengthening mascara with excellent separation.
- My nails, especially my toes, are looking SAD. I hate doing my own nails, but I need to. These super quick dry Essie polishes are looking like an excellent option for busy people.
- I might go too crazy with a cuticle cutter (I’m one of those people who loves to pick at their cuticales), but I need one .
- Toe separators make painting your own toes a lot easier.
- These wax strips are a great, easy way to deal with facial hair- gentle and easy to use.
- These eye patches are a super quick way to give yourself a pick up. Just remember to take them off before your Zoom conference call.
- I’ve heard such good things about this 15 minute mask, so it’s on its way to me (Grace Atwood raves about it).
- I got a sample of this toner and I like it a lot so far- pregnancy + age + sun damage is making my skin look a lot spottier than it used to. Hoping this helps.
- Maelove is a new brand to me, and they sent me some products to try. I really like this face wash- it’s minty and refreshing and gets everything off without drying. And affordable too!
- This is a MUCH more affordable option to the Skincueticals CE Ferulic which I typically use and ran out of and didn’t want to pay $150+ for. I’ve been using for about a week so no real noticeable results yet, but it has rave reviews.
- Another great at home wax kit for bigger jobs than just your upper lip :)
- I forgot how much I love this body butter, just ordered a nice big tube as my skins is feeling super dry lately.
- When I get a chance (which is not often) I try to take a quick bath with epsom salts to ease my aches– this is a great one!
- I got some of this for Xmas and it’s truly great- I love how soft my skin feels afterwards.