It’s been a long week. And right now feels like this will never end. I’ve been trying to keep getting dressed in real clothes and putting on a little makeup to keep myself from getting too depressed and down. I think it helps a little bit. And I think this weekend I need a little home spa time- I’m 31 weeks pregnant now and feeling it! So I thought I’d share some fo the new products I’ve tried that I like and some great buys for basic at home beauty care, like nails and waxing- it’s getting dire! Also am working on a post with my hair stylist about how to address hair issues at home like faded highlights, roots and giving your significant other / kids a trim without scarring them for life!
Click images for links
This first row of products is what I like to use to quickly feel like less of a slob in the morning, even though I’m seeing no one other than Andrew, Henry and Dee all day.
- Goof proof, hydrating and perfecting CC cream- a MUST try if you have not yet. I wear the medium tone and just rub it in with my fingers.
- The easiest gel cheek color to use. Spreads effortlessly, gives you a little flush. I like Dusk, Haze and Storm.
- Looooove this concealer (and how cute is the packaging??). Really covers with a light liquid formula.
- I’ve been wearing this in “Force of Nature” everyday as it’s a moisturizing, very pretty nude that feels rich but not sticky. Was wearing this gloss in my house tour video.
- I got a sample of this and I love it. Such a good natural looking but dramatic lengthening mascara with excellent separation.
- My nails, especially my toes, are looking SAD. I hate doing my own nails, but I need to. These super quick dry Essie polishes are looking like an excellent option for busy people.
- I might go too crazy with a cuticle cutter (I’m one of those people who loves to pick at their cuticales), but I need one .
- Toe separators make painting your own toes a lot easier.
- These wax strips are a great, easy way to deal with facial hair- gentle and easy to use.
- These eye patches are a super quick way to give yourself a pick up. Just remember to take them off before your Zoom conference call.
- I’ve heard such good things about this 15 minute mask, so it’s on its way to me (Grace Atwood raves about it).
- I got a sample of this toner and I like it a lot so far- pregnancy + age + sun damage is making my skin look a lot spottier than it used to. Hoping this helps.
- Maelove is a new brand to me, and they sent me some products to try. I really like this face wash- it’s minty and refreshing and gets everything off without drying. And affordable too!
- This is a MUCH more affordable option to the Skincueticals CE Ferulic which I typically use and ran out of and didn’t want to pay $150+ for. I’ve been using for about a week so no real noticeable results yet, but it has rave reviews.
- Another great at home wax kit for bigger jobs than just your upper lip :)
- I forgot how much I love this body butter, just ordered a nice big tube as my skins is feeling super dry lately.
- When I get a chance (which is not often) I try to take a quick bath with epsom salts to ease my aches– this is a great one!
- I got some of this for Xmas and it’s truly great- I love how soft my skin feels afterwards.
[…] Fashion Friday: At Home Self Care Products Worth Buying from Elements of Style Blog @elementstyle […]
So. My 17 year old son asked me to cut his hair. I have never cut hair in my life (other than my own bangs when I was 12 and that was a total disaster!). He was quite insistent that I do it for him, and I was slightly annoyed because I had been bugging him to go get a haircut before all this self-isolation started. There are many videos on YouTube showing how to do a man’s cut (without clippers) and they make it look so easy! So after watching a few times, I decided OK! I can do this! It didn’t come out that great, but it will do. And I might have nicked him with the scissors behind his ear (waaaaah!!!). And his high-school graduation has been cancelled, so he doesn’t have to look good for that. All I can say is thank goodness hair grows, and I really don’t know if it is something I would do again. It isn’t as easy as it looks.
It’s insane how much the stress of this time is showing on my face. Buying up some of these things now!
Have you used the Flamingo face wax strips without incident? I was about to buy, then saw negative reviews on Amazon. One woman claimed the strips tore the skin on her face. Ugh.
Not at all, if anything they aren’t quite AS sticky as I’d like (but I have coarser eyebrow hair). Only time wax rips your skin off is if you are using retinols in ANY form. This happened to me once even after I had stopped using the retinol 3 days before my waxing appointment.
How about the body one? I’ve been thinking about these for bikini line- summer is coming…. but I don’t know if I can do it
Thank you, Erin!
I’ve been using the cloud paint in haze since the summer and love it. My daughter and I have been using the Essie nail polish for the past 2 weeks- it’s great- it dries super fast and doesn’t chip easily!I want to try that mascara:)
I’m so lucky! I just use plain old soap and water and my skin looks great. And it saves me tons of money. I’m 66 and I still don’t have any wrinkles.