Lots of us will be traveling and visiting with friends and family over the holiday season and it’s always nice to bring a little thank you gift along with you (especially if you are staying in someone’s home). So I thought I’d round up a few great gift ideas that you can buy ahead and have on hand or order and send ahead of your arrival, making sure you are the most gracious of guests.
- Pair a mug or two with a beautiful selection of tea (or coffee or hot chocolate!)
- Farmgirl Flowers has these amazing options to send as holiday centerpieces! I love the bowl of fruit and the berries in the ceramic pitcher is especially simple and pretty.
- Farmhouse Pottery is always a favorite, and this candle and striker set is so charming.
- Send ahead these luscious frozen croissants so they have something special on hand they can pop in the oven.
- Pair this simple set of gold candlesticks (my personal faves) with some pretty handmade candles.
- If you can plan ahead, a pair of monogrammed guest hand towels and a pretty soap are the perfect little gift they would not buy themselves.
- This potted rosemary topiary is so much more useful than flowers- it looks pretty in the kitchen and they can snip some herbs when needed for cooking.
- A monogrammed cheese board is a lovely little gift that always gets use!
- Someone sent these mini cupcakes to my mom once and they were BONKERS good. Like, seriously so addictive.
- Bring along a pretty frame with a favorite picture of you and the host.
- After cooking and entertaining, the hostess with the mostess might need a little chill time- these CBD bath salts and gummies should do the trick.
- This cute wine tote is re-usable and great to have on hand when dashing out to a dinner party.
- A glammed up version of Trivial Pursuit for the family that loves to play games– we have had many a raucous game of TP in our home on Turkey Day!
- A wreath is such a lovely gift instead of flowers.
- These monogrammed notepads in a lucite holder is handy and glamorous for the kitchen counter.
- Pair a set of pretty dishtowels with some super fancy dishsoap.
- A new doormat for the holidays helps them perk up the front stoop (tree // wreath) !
LUV every one of them and we’ve had A LOT of guests over the years!! franki
This is a most useful and original collection! I never know what to bring and this helps me plan ahead for the whole season. Novice question- if buying a candlestick set, get the same size? Thank you!
Love this roundup and these combinations!
Perfect options. I’d love to receive these … or a flowering plant that will bloom through the holiday season. My sister will bring a loaf of homemade bread when she visits. Pair that with some wonderful jam.
Erin (and team), thank you so much for this – great suggestions. Will you be sharing any other gift guides this season? I always look forward to yours the most!
Yes, gift guides will start soon!