Mark Sikes is a decorator’s decorator. I would hire him in a minute to do my own house without question and let him just go to town. I imagine we’d have a Chip-and Joanna reveal and I would cry and hug him and all would be right in the world.
Anyways, he’s a genius with impeccable taste. Case in point, his bedroom in the Kips Bay Decorator’s Showhouse. I. AM. OBSESSED.
Here’s how to recreate this look in a bedroom of your own!
- Instead of papering an entire room which can be insanely costly, buy a pair of wallpaper panels and frame them in a simple gold molding and hang on either side of the bed above the nightstands.
- Mark Sikes’ fabric for Schumacher- this stripe is one of my personal favorites!
- Matouk for OKL bedding— high style and quality for less than regular Matouk.
- Linen drapes in a pretty blue.
- Brass rods (get the rings too!)
- Ikat X benches.
- A classic urn sitting atop… a modern lucite pedestal (13.)
- Paint the rest of the room Benjamin Moore’s Harrisburg Green.
- An antique headboard (reupholster in #2 fabric)
- Swing arm lamps with pleated shades.
- An antique mirror with details.
- A cool modern blue and white lamp.
- Lucite pedestal
- A graphic pattern rug offsets the organic chinoiserie panels.
- A brass small side table.
- A white Louis style chair done in a peacock blue velvet.
- An antique inspired chest with marble top.