I got a little rage-y this weekend with it being late September and yet 87 degrees and humid out. But I know one of these days fall will come, and when it does I will be ready. The change of seasons always inspired me to freshen things up a bit and swap some things out that feel more seasonally appropriate (although you will never find any season-themed pillows on my sofa!) You can update your spaces for fall without going all “pumpkin spice latte explosion”. Here are some items that add texture and richness without color (and really- most work any time of year!) I also like to go around and freshen up any dingy paint and get my rugs and upholstery cleaned. It makes the house feel SO much nicer!
- I love the rough texture of this pot. Great with a fern or other simple plant in it–or empty!
- I think we can all agree that the reign of the Fiddle Leaf Fig tree is coming to an end. Which I am thrilled about because I cannot keep one alive and the fake ones all look pretty fake. This tree is faux, but looks very natural (and is very tall) and I love the lighter feel of it. Buy a very high quality faux tree once and save yourself the headache of the buy/kill/buy/kill cycle of real trees. Just be sure to dust them. :)
- Adore the brass metal wheat wreath concept. Fab indoors or on a bold colored front door.
- Buffalo check cozy blankets are a must.
- These simple black and white botanical drawings are SO pretty and modern, but with roots in traditional decor.
- Wood and brass napkin rings are great for fall holiday entertaining.
- Splattered enamelware fells more crisp and hip in black and white– and looks stunning filled with bright colored blooms.
- Adding texture (and insulating against drafts) is a must– cordless woven wood shades are something we use in almost every project for these reasons! Layered under drapes they add so much to a room.
- & 10. New pillows help your space feel fresh for a new season. This modern leopard and linen/velvet stripe are great choices.
- See above.
- If you really want to make a change in your bedroom or living areas, swap out lighter drapes for velvet ones. They really amp up the cozy mood (and also add a lot of light blocking and insulation!)
- Get ready for red wine season with new glassware– I adore these stemless ones.
- This broken stripe rug is awesome for adding some graphic pattern to your home– and the flatweave indoor/outdoor texture is hard wearing.
- Preserved moss in a modern vessel is PERFECT for a long-lasting touch of green on a dining table or coffee table (I’m all about low maintenance greenery, can you tell?)
- My Sweet Smoke candle just SMELLS like fall.
- I love this big wood cheeseboard (and cheese for that matter)– it also adds a farmhouse touch to your kitchen when leaned up against your backsplash.
- A MUST for big fall gatherings– a big, but pretty, tub to fill with ice and beverages. So glad I have one of these on hand!
SHOP THE POST: