I spent the weekend in western Connecticut at the lovely Inn at GrayBarns and saw an ad in a local design magazine for Hendricks Churchill Homes & Interiors and fell madly in love with their work and website. This husband and wife team really have a unique but classic style I adore.
I am particularly amazed by this modern yet totally English-farmhouse feeling home called “The Little Farmhouse Renovation“.
This living room is looks both influenced by Manhattan and the country in equal measure. I love the painted millwork and the color of the floors in literally perfect.
Minimalist and yet not too cold. Not exactly my personal style, but I can really appreciate the push and pull between the styles.
Those brass switchplates are making my morning.
I adore the kitchen. Classic materials like soapstone and wood counters look fresh and modern in here.
That FAUCET! (And sink. And hardware.)
The simplicity but incredible craftsmanship of these cabinets is effortless.
This home is seriously a master class in millwork.
I’d like to sit here with a good book and cup of tea, wouldn’t you?
Such simple but thoroughly thought out and thoughtFUL spaces.
Did I mention the exterior is a gem too? #dreamhouse
Some suggestions to get this look, including
1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. // 11.
Photography by Amanda Kirkpatrick, amandakirkpatrickphoto.com.
Lately I’ve been having a lot of luck finding great pieces from Banana Republic for awesome prices. I can’t recall the last time I bought pants in multiple colors in the same fit, but I did recently with BR. I ahve found the quality to be better than some other stores and there tends to be a more work appropriate selection of styles. I partnered with them today to share some of the great scores I’ve found. And even reluctantly/awkwardly posed in some of them. :)
OK, for real, these pants are AMAZE. I am wearing the tall and they are so flattering (and come in other colors like red and olive). Also the sunglasses are my new fave.
Continue reading this post
Nantucket happens to be one of my favorite places in the world. I always refer to it as Disneyland for adults–it’s almost too perfect and cute to be real. The design inspiration I pull from the island and the insanely gorgeous homes, new and old, that populate the island. Today I get to share with you a GORGEOUS new development of homes on the island that I am pretty obsessed with (mark this down as LIFE GOALS, y’all).
Hawthorne Park is a one of a kind project of 17 homes set around a private three acre park, improved with walking paths, sitting areas, and fabulous common amenities including a gym, pool, spa and yoga deck. Four different home types (Barn, Cottage, Farmhouse, Homestead– see more below for illustrations) and architectural landscaping were informed by a Malibu surf meets Nantucket farm inspiration. The goal behind the project was not to deliver just another set of homes but rather to capture and accentuate a lifestyle. I think they were very successful in meeting that goal!
This is a design collaboration between Blue Flag Development & Award-Winning Architect Workshop/APD. Blue Flag Development has a reputation for building high-caliber homes with an intense focus on all of the design details. Their past projects (Tidewater Cottages & Union Lights) showcase their thoughtful work.
This development is out towards the highly desirable area of Cisco on Nantucket. Easy access to town or the brewery, Bartlett’s Farm, Miacomet golf course and some of the best beaches on the island. There are 17 homes available and 3 have already been purchased.
The development is being listed by Jennifer Shalley & Erin Wilson at Fisher Real Estate on the island. More information can be found on the site HERE (or please email them directly with questions: jen@FisherNantucket.com & email@example.com)
Continue reading this post
The Erin Gates Design team is looking for an experienced, full time Interior Designer to join our team in our Newton Center office. This person should be a creative thinker with an established eye for design and a can-do attitude as our office is small and we all pitch in on a multitude of tasks from styling photo shoots to chiming in on product design! We have a lot of fun projects coming up and are excited to bring another stylish, fun person into the mix to help us get it all done!
- MUST have experience working in an interior design firm or for yourself as a designer. 5-8 years experience preferred, having established vendor relations in the area a big plus.
- MUST know AutoCAD and be comfortable drafting floorplans, elevations and the like.
- Ideally this candidate knows Studio Designer or comparable interior design focused software for invoicing, billing and tracking.
- Car and valid license.
- My dogs come to the office, so someone okay with dogs is also a must.
- Incredibly organized (as I am not, so I hire people to be organized for me!)
- Proactive work style in which you think ahead about what needs to get done.
- Responsible for full project management for multiple clients at once. Must be a skilled multi-tasker who can handle many projects at once. Almost all our projects are residential, so a pleasant and upbeat client-relations attitude is necessary. Will visit sites and meet with clients with and without me.
- Drawing floorplans, designing built ins and custom furniture and working with tradesmen to execute all visions.
- Sourcing and shopping for goods, requesting samples, cuttings, etc.
- Proposing, quoting and ordering trade and non-trade goods and making sure items are shipped/received in time and working to replace those that are damaged, etc.
- As I said before, A+ organization — binders and files to be kept for all clients so the entire team can access at all times as we do work collaboratively!
- Collaborate with myself and other team members on Erin gates branded product lines and media features.
- Monday through Friday 8:30-4:30 at our Newton Center office. Parking paid for.
- Competitive pay (billable client rate and office rate).
- Paid vacation/ sick days.
- FYI, No medical benefits available at this time.
Please e-mail all resumes/ cover letters and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject INTERIOR DESIGNER POSITION.
We look forward to meeting you!
It’s been a crazy week trying to put EOS book 2 to bed so I’m leaving you for the week with a few faves that have been added to my closet or on my wishlist!
- These jeans from Gap fit great and are apparently stain repellant (I mean, it’s pretty much a scientific fact that if I’m wearing white jeans I will spill coffee on them within 20 minutes). 40% off today! Jeans for under $75 bucks? Yes please!
- I may have ordered this face wash and toner spritz just for the packaging (stripes!!!!) and how cute it’ll look in my bathroom. But the smell is great and they are delightfully light and bright for summer use!
- Wearing this light scarf right now!
- My new FAVE bronzer in color Stonestreet. PERFECTION.
- I am obsessed with this bag company Corroon all of the sudden. The leather is divine (but VERY $$$) so I am eyeballing the linen and blue version for summer (with a painted monogram of course!)
- BIG flower studs are THE earring of the summer- these are under $50 and not comically massive.
- Just ordered these sandals- the heel height gives a nice lift without being uncomfortable to walk in all day!
- Boden had a sale so I snapped up a few pieces like this dress in the red color. I LOVE IT. So flattering. Size up one size though, as it runs small. Ordering this blue version today!
- Also from Boden, this is the perfect beach coverup!
- I adore this Tata Harper cream blush– it gives you a glow and is super moisturizing!
- Got these sunglasses this week while on sale. Awesome style, big but not TOO big.
- Also just ordered these espadrilles as they were on sale! Love the classic look with jeans and white tee. Plus comfort, which is key when chasing after a 2.5 year old who refuses to nap all of the sudden!