March 26th, 2013
The other day I had a little panic- that maybe my whole lack of color in my house was bad. Everything is very neutral right now and I got all “maybe I should have done bold color?! What am I doing?”. But then I was on Pinterest and found myself so drawn to everything light and bright that I simmered down. Especially with spring coming, at some point, it’s so nice to lighten things up. Even if you just swap out a set of drapes for white linen or ditch your dark denim for white. Crisp, fresh and hopeful.
(I die for this Walker Zanger tile- bookmarked for my master bath).
I wanna be here NOW.
My favorite kitchen ever. EVER.
1. White jeans should be a staple in your spring wardrobe. These by MiH have a 60′s feel.
2. These wedges look a lot more expensive than their $90 price tag. At first glance I thought they were Jimmy Choo.
3. My favorite white paints- Benjamin Moore’s Decorator’s White and White Dove.
4. I’m trying to undo sun damage and brighten my skin with Shiseido’s White Lucent Masks (and scare the bejeesus out of Andrew in the process…)
5. A sweet off-white mini bag for warm nights out.
6. Have you seen the Jasper Conran line for JCP??? Awesome- especially this chair.
7. Enough with the black/grey/navy nails- Essie’s Like Linen freshens tips.
8. I love this crisp white matelasse bedding.
9. A bohemian top from Calypso.
10. I got these lamps for my living room and love them- especially the price!
11. Top off spring dresses with a crisp white blazer.
March 25th, 2013
I seem to be making lists of places I want to go recently. The Grand Canyon. The Amalfi Coast. One night in the Eiffel Classic Suite at the Plaza Athenee. On safari. But this one is a little bit more realistic. I saw a couple images from Park City Utah’s Washington Schoolhouse Hotel on my Facebook feed from a “friend” (and blogger behind Bungalow Blue Interiors) and just about stroked out. I am so very obsessed with stone houses and this one takes the friggin’ CAKE. Plus the interior is full of things I love- gilt wood frme chairs, overdye rugs, chandeliers and marble. YES YES GOD HELP ME YES!
March 22nd, 2013
I need clothes. Bad. I have this issue where I over-think everything and end up buying nothing because I get confused and overwhelmed. I have guilt issues, money worries and ALWAYS without fail, can never find anything I want when I DO have money spend!!!! Don’t you hate that universal truth? The worst way to shop is under pressure of an event. I do this constantly and I swear I’m not doing it anymore. A few weeks ago I was frantically looking for something to wear to my IKEA appearance for O Mag and of course, found nothing. Except a spring dress that was heaven. It’s cold out here, and will be forever, so I felt like there was no immediate sense of gratification in buying this dress because I could not wear it immediately. But the point IS, that buying that dress I loved then would prevent me from stress shopping come spring and regretting not buying it when I saw it! So I did what I never do and bought it! The first step towards my goal of only buying things I really, really love when I see them. So here are some more things I have bought or plant to buy for spring- should it ever decide to arrive.
1. (obsessed)// 2. // 3. // 4. (my new scent for spring?) // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. // 11. // 12. // 13.
*= I have already purchased. Oh yes I have.
Loving so much of Emerson Fry’s spring line like the geometric top above. Everything feels so French!I am loving so many pieces in black, white, grey and nude for spring. Just the way my house seems to be going!
CLICK IMAGES FOR LINKS!
And have you seen some of the Victoria’s Secret clothing and shoes? I hadn’t- and I was SHOCKED. Totally ordering this pleated maxi dress in black (and maybe neon yellow) and some cool bright colored sandals!!!
CLICK IMAGES FOR LINKS!