My Favorite Face Oils
April 24th, 2014
As I get older I am finding I can’t put just anything on my skin and have it appear luminous and supple (uh, I kind of hate that word but it’s true). As I’ve been testing and sampling things I’ve fallen madly in love with face oils. I still swear by Shamanuti’s Charcoal Cleanser (also have been using Revive Gentle Cleanser and love it too), Creme de la Mer in the winter months (especially this past winter- my God) and I’ve added a prescription Retinol to my repertoire too. Apparently 34 is proving to be the age in which I have started noticing my age catching up to me (grey hairs, wrinkles, sun spots- oh my!) Over the past two years I’ve found face oils to be the best way to add either light or dramatic moisture to my skin depending on the type and brand- and even that hard to capture J.Lo “glow”. Even those with oily skin should try them! Here are a few of my favorites and a few I’ve been dying to try:
1. My new personal favorite- this really makes you glow and I feel like it feeds my skin all sorts of good stuff.
2. I’ve heard AWESOME things about this Tarte oil. Must try.
3. Josie Maran’s regular Argan Oil is one I keep in my vanity, but this version is great for those with oilier skin instead of dry like mine.
4. The cult favorite that so many celebs swear by. Another on my lust try list.
5. Nude is kind of the “king of oils” (their cleansing oil is also amazing). This has anti-aging qualities as well as good moisture.
6. This Bobbi Brown oil has so many superfans, it’s basic and it works well at really moisturizing your skin.
7. I adore the Plantscription line, I’ve used the serum a lot over the years, but this new addition is one I need to get a full size of!
8. I tried this L’Oreal version and also really liked it- and it’s at a good price point too!
SHOP THE POST:
Sponsor Welcome: Hudson Boston
April 23rd, 2014
I have long frequented Hudson, my most favorite home shop in Boston, not only for myself and my clients. Jill Goldberg, the shop’s owner and interior designer, has THE most impeccable taste. Her store installations, changed seasonally, are always so perfectly spot on I end up leaving a visit to the shop with lots of ideas and desires for my own space. So when they asked to become an EOS sponsor I was super thrilled, a more natural fit than this I cannot think of! Here are some shot of the store’s spring look…
And here are some of my current favorites in the shop (you can shop online as well, but if and when you are in Boston’s South End you NEED to go!)
1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. // 11. // 12. // 13.
I also saw these new pillows on their Instagram and LOOOOOOOVE them. The gold zipper detail is perfection, no?
April 22nd, 2014
As I get used to having a home with a yard that needs landscaping I am starting to become more educated about plants and how to use them properly. Being a busy person who doesn’t have the greenest of thumbs I constantly am looking for plants that make a big impact with as little maintenance as possible. Enter the boxwood.
I love the sculptural essence of this plant and the modern yet traditional vibe that boxwood can take based on how it’s potted and shaped. From using it in the yard to in pots by a front door, it’s the perfect way to fill your beds and outdoor space with big impact greenery. Here’s some inspiration…
Read the rest of this entry »
I Want To Go To There: The Dean Hotel
April 21st, 2014
I have grown up incredibly close to Providence, RI but to be honest, I think I’ve visited only enough times to count on one hand. For some reason, when I was growing up Providence had a”Boston’s forgotten step-child” kind of vibe (unless you got into Brown, which I did not), but lately I’ve been seeing SO MUCH awesome press about amazing things blooming in the small city. I am going to absolutely have to make a pilgrimage this summer! One place I would love to see (and stay at) would be The Dean Hotel design by ASH NYC. It’s an incredible, modern take of New England Traditionalism. Take a peek! There’s SO MUCH good stuff here to be inspired by for your own home:
The bathrooms are REALLY good.
There’s so much more to see…
Read the rest of this entry »
Fashion Friday: Spring Bags
April 18th, 2014
It’s time to start dusting off our spring clothes and accessories- and perhaps pick up something fresh and new for the new season. I an particular need a new spring bag and in my window shopping I’ve noticed a few popular trends for the season- grey and blush pink leather, woven and raffia accents or entire bags, tassel details, structured silhouettes and if course, tons of gold hardware.
Here are some of my current favorites from my favorite department store, Nordstrom. I personally would pretty much die for the Chloe Medium Marcie as I find it to be the perfect bag- not too big, but big enough to carry lots of stuff, handles to carry on your arm (also long enough to pop on your shoulder) but with a longer strap too to wear it cross-body or just over the shoulder. Also it has the perfect number of pockets. I like to go visit her whenever I’m in the store. :) The Anemone Pink, Cashmere Grey and Nut are perrrrfect colors for spring too! Someday….someday….. :)
1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. // 11. // 12. // 13. // 14. // 15. // 16. // 17. // 18. // 19. // 20. // 21.
* This post sponsored by Nordstrom. All selections and opinions are my own.