March 28th, 2013
First of all, can we please have a moment of silence for the new lucite and brass Jonathan Adler line? Specifically the bookcases, for which I’d do unspeakable (possibly illegal) acts?
Most of us can’t swing $2,000 for a bookcase (points to self), but that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy some truly luscious Adler wares. As I just found out (am I the last person to this party?) JCPenney has the Adler Happy Chic line and it has some SICK stuff, y’all!!
Lacquer bookcase (comes in various colors too) and side table. These look line some other very expensive items I use a lot.
A modern grey sofa with fabulous lines.
A totally gorgeous take on the tuxedo sofa- comes in navy too!
These dining chairs are purely awesome- I can see a set around a white tulip style table in a heartbeat. Also loving this little tray side table.
I have to admit I kinda freaked over the trim on these ready made drapes in white and tan. You can never find store bought drapes like this… ever! Pondering the white for a shower curtain actually!
More lacquer- this console is GORGE. You could always replace the pulls with brass (if you were me, and had a serious brass addiction problem)
Oh there is a double dresser too. Yeah, I know. It’s awesome.
Cute round pouf (looooove the pattern) and square pouf. Who doesn’t need a couple poufs?
I am digging the crisp, mid-century modern look of this white and wood tv console and tallboy dresser. Great for a kids room too!
I have a little elephant side table like this one and love it, and this vase is classic Adler.
March 27th, 2013
There may be no location with crazier real estate prices than Nantucket- but holy hell, if I won the lottery you better believe I’d buy a house there. Like this one. Which is near perfect. It needs some serious decor help, but for an in town charmer (that has SEVEN bedrooms for lots of summer parties) it’s so killer. If you have $6 mill to spare.
I would have done two sided stairs like I’ve seen on other houses this style, but I wouldn;t exactly kick it out of bed for eating crackers either as is.
Town and ocean views from the widows walk.
Look at those floors! The wide planks! DIIIIEEE.
A good rustic beam leaves me weak in the knees.
Most fab playroom ever? Maybe.
And a one bedroom one bath GUEST HOUSE in case you are super popular (which you would be if you lived here) and needed another place for people to sleep. I don;t think I could even afford just this.
I’m gonna have to sell a lot of books.
March 26th, 2013
The other day I had a little panic- that maybe my whole lack of color in my house was bad. Everything is very neutral right now and I got all “maybe I should have done bold color?! What am I doing?”. But then I was on Pinterest and found myself so drawn to everything light and bright that I simmered down. Especially with spring coming, at some point, it’s so nice to lighten things up. Even if you just swap out a set of drapes for white linen or ditch your dark denim for white. Crisp, fresh and hopeful.
(I die for this Walker Zanger tile- bookmarked for my master bath).
I wanna be here NOW.
My favorite kitchen ever. EVER.
1. White jeans should be a staple in your spring wardrobe. These by MiH have a 60′s feel.
2. These wedges look a lot more expensive than their $90 price tag. At first glance I thought they were Jimmy Choo.
3. My favorite white paints- Benjamin Moore’s Decorator’s White and White Dove.
4. I’m trying to undo sun damage and brighten my skin with Shiseido’s White Lucent Masks (and scare the bejeesus out of Andrew in the process…)
5. A sweet off-white mini bag for warm nights out.
6. Have you seen the Jasper Conran line for JCP??? Awesome- especially this chair.
7. Enough with the black/grey/navy nails- Essie’s Like Linen freshens tips.
8. I love this crisp white matelasse bedding.
9. A bohemian top from Calypso.
10. I got these lamps for my living room and love them- especially the price!
11. Top off spring dresses with a crisp white blazer.