My dear assistant/ project manager/ right hand Lindsey is getting married this weekend (YAY LINDSEY!) and so I felt inspired to share the beautiful work of a floral designer that I found on Instagram (who also just happens to be located in the area where my family has a beach house!) Hana Floral Design in Mystic, CT is run by Yumiko Fletcher who clearly is a GENIUS with flowers. I loved my wedding flowers, but if I were to do it again, I would hire her in a nanosecond. Perhaps when Andrew and I renew our vows next year for our 10th anniversary (sidenote: is that sweet or tacky? I can’t tell… also, how the hell has it been TEN YEARS?) we’ll get Yumiko to do something small for us. :)
In the meantime, take a gander at these STUNNING arrangements (and follow her Instagram if you love seeing more of this!)
I’ve always loved Nordstrom for clothing, accessories, makeup and shoes but never really thought of them for home goods. Well, they are adding a lot of great stuff to their e-commerce site for the home and they asked me to share some of my favorite items (most for under $200!)
10. OK, this little plate made me laugh because it reminds me of this one time my parents got a grill with a rotisserie and after working so hard to get the chicken on the thing and then actually roasted, my mom could notfigure out how to get it OFF the rotisserie. Cut to me walking outside to find her whacking at the chicken with a butcher knife in frustration, with all the dogs standing around her delighted as pieces of chicken rained down on them. I think she needs this.
22. Another hilariously awesome gift- a wine holder for the bathtub or shower. I mean, if you drink wine in the shower you might have a problem, but in the tub is TOTALLY acceptable. And this keeps it from slipping off the edge of the tub and INTO your bath (which has totally never happened to me. Ever.)
I saw this incredible inn mentioned in the weekend Wall Street Journal Magazine and had to look it up based on one little picture. I’m glad I did. The Wild Rabbit is in the Cotswolds (reminds me of The Holiday) in England and appears to me a PERFECT country getaway. The images on the site are incredible and I had to share because there is just so much inspiration here:
As you know this book has been a long process, which is finally ramping up to the release October 7th! So fair warning, you’ll be hearing A LOT about it, tour plans, parties, giveaways and signings in the next month and a half. Until I have a human baby to talk incessantly about, THIS is my baby (in fact, it took me exactly 9 months to write and shoot, oddly enough). Even though it’s a little early, I’ve started thinking about what to wear not only to the big launch in Boston, but to the other seven book parties across the country. No pressure (cue me breathing shallowly into a paper bag). I’ve started bookmarking stuff and will be posting some outfit thoughts here…. starting with this one:
3. I did get these crazy amazing shoes specifically for the tour. I have to pack light so I figured one statement shoe and one pair of classic black pumps should get me through eight parties. Ok, maybe one other pair.
4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this sequin skirt! Paired with the chunky knit sweater it’s a fab mix of textures.
5. It’s not on their site yet, but the new Tiffany T Collection bangle is my new obsession. So classic, so lovely.