So, I turn 35 next week and for the first time in my life I’m feeling a little ho-hum about my birthday. Usually I have a birthday MONTH and relish all things birthday, but his year, I’m kinda not into it. 35 sounds so much older than I actually feel and it’s been such a tough year personally, so I think I’ll just try 34 again instead. Is that okay with everyone?
I also don’t have a mega-specific wishlist this year either. I am grateful for my health, my house (especially all the new bits) and the success I’ve found in the past couple years so I plan to focus on that. I’m feeling rather quiet and contemplative this birthday, and will probably spend it in that manner. A nice dinner with Andrew, extra dog snuggles and some wine. Nothing fancy.
Of course, there are some things I wouldn’t mind getting. There’s always a permanent wish list items (Tank watch/ Love bracelet/ baby goat/ safari in Africa) but here’s a little grouping of lovelies I have my eye on too. And clearly there is an orange and navy thing happening in my brain right now.
1. As much as I love my iPhone, I perform better with a real planner. So I think I need to go old school and get a new one. this monogrammable leather one from Graphic Image suits me just fine.
2. This bag is part of my permanent wish list. DUH.
3. I have a tassel addiction. Obsessed with this new J.Crew necklace.
4. I need new sneakers so I can get back to running a little more often. These have CHEETAH and you can customize the colors- plus great reviews!
5. DIE DIE DIE for this shearling vest. DIE.
6. I know you probably want to slap me over the number of times I’ve posted these plates but I still have not bought them for myself.
7. MORE TASSELS!
8. I have this brand’s White Rhino candle and it smells awesome and it’s HUGE- I’d love to give this one a go for my new bedroom!
HOW COULD I FORGET TO NUMBER THE LEOPARD FLATS???
11. I love, love, love these lamps for my new bedroom but they are a bit too pricey for me right now.
12. Some really nice stationery from Crane for all the thanks you notes I suspect I’ll be writing this fall.
13. A beautiful rolling bag to pack in for my book tour this fall! Dates and cities coming soon!
14. A kayak. The one thing I really do want. Actually, two of them (or one tandem one but Andrew and I argue/ get competetive when we paddle together and then I try to smack him with my paddle…) We have a little lake right by our house and I think this would be fun exercise!
15. Still obsessed with the white version of this little Adler vase. Need one!
16. We’ve been working with Mallory Page a lot lately and I love her work. Original art is becoming more of a desire as I get OLD AS DIRT.
Target’s latest line with Safavieh has me yelping “That’s from Target?!” left and right these days. I am dying to nab a bunch of these insanely good items for my new addition (which starts in about a week and a half so get ready for lots of renovation posts!) Here’s my most favorite picks right now (get ’em while they last!):
I have long frequented Hudson, my most favorite home shop in Boston, not only for myself and my clients. Jill Goldberg, the shop’s owner and interior designer, has THE most impeccable taste. Her store installations, changed seasonally, are always so perfectly spot on I end up leaving a visit to the shop with lots of ideas and desires for my own space. So when they asked to become an EOS sponsor I was super thrilled, a more natural fit than this I cannot think of! Here are some shot of the store’s spring look…
And here are some of my current favorites in the shop (you can shop online as well, but if and when you are in Boston’s South End you NEED to go!)
I also saw these new pillows on their Instagram and LOOOOOOOVE them. The gold zipper detail is perfection, no?
I am SO SO SO excited to finally release this collection to the world! Jill and I have so much fun collaborating on projects- and this new collection came very naturally as Jill and I both have a serious addiction to striped shirts. There have been many a discussion in our studio about who makes the most perfect one, so when I was thinking about a new pattern for the Erin Gates Collection, I immediately went to stripes. And of course in black and white with a light grey interior and a hint of gold! They are all available to order on Jill’s website right now! And if you are dying for this pattern in another color (navy would be adorable) contact us about custom color options!
The cocktail tray– an awesome size for small appetizers.
The Dip Bowl– Paired with the Cocktail Tray it makes a great set!
Cream & Sugar Set– ADORABLE.
Coffee Mug– It’s the perfect size with a big, but sleek handle.
#6 Vase- A great size for a single bunch of flowers on a coffee table or nightstand.
Monogram Ritz Tray– A FABULOUS gift- a great catchall for small things like jewelry!
(the new lowercase monogram is a sweet, modern detail)
Here are some shots of the collection in my home, which inspired the color combo of black, white, grey and gold!
I totally love using the cream and sugar pieces as a mini vase and little bowl for jewelry or bobby pins in my bathroom!
The good news is that this whole collection goes perfectly with wine. :)
You can also still buy pieces from my last collection, which mixes will with Bateau!