So, I turn 35 next week and for the first time in my life I’m feeling a little ho-hum about my birthday. Usually I have a birthday MONTH and relish all things birthday, but his year, I’m kinda not into it. 35 sounds so much older than I actually feel and it’s been such a tough year personally, so I think I’ll just try 34 again instead. Is that okay with everyone?
I also don’t have a mega-specific wishlist this year either. I am grateful for my health, my house (especially all the new bits) and the success I’ve found in the past couple years so I plan to focus on that. I’m feeling rather quiet and contemplative this birthday, and will probably spend it in that manner. A nice dinner with Andrew, extra dog snuggles and some wine. Nothing fancy.
Of course, there are some things I wouldn’t mind getting. There’s always a permanent wish list items (Tank watch/ Love bracelet/ baby goat/ safari in Africa) but here’s a little grouping of lovelies I have my eye on too. And clearly there is an orange and navy thing happening in my brain right now.
1. As much as I love my iPhone, I perform better with a real planner. So I think I need to go old school and get a new one. this monogrammable leather one from Graphic Image suits me just fine.
2. This bag is part of my permanent wish list. DUH.
3. I have a tassel addiction. Obsessed with this new J.Crew necklace.
4. I need new sneakers so I can get back to running a little more often. These have CHEETAH and you can customize the colors- plus great reviews!
5. DIE DIE DIE for this shearling vest. DIE.
6. I know you probably want to slap me over the number of times I’ve posted these plates but I still have not bought them for myself.
7. MORE TASSELS!
8. I have this brand’s White Rhino candle and it smells awesome and it’s HUGE- I’d love to give this one a go for my new bedroom!
9. & 10. More J.Crew- this navy blouse and cuffed hem jeans would be a fall staple.
HOW COULD I FORGET TO NUMBER THE LEOPARD FLATS???
11. I love, love, love these lamps for my new bedroom but they are a bit too pricey for me right now.
12. Some really nice stationery from Crane for all the thanks you notes I suspect I’ll be writing this fall.
13. A beautiful rolling bag to pack in for my book tour this fall! Dates and cities coming soon!
14. A kayak. The one thing I really do want. Actually, two of them (or one tandem one but Andrew and I argue/ get competetive when we paddle together and then I try to smack him with my paddle…) We have a little lake right by our house and I think this would be fun exercise!
15. Still obsessed with the white version of this little Adler vase. Need one!
16. We’ve been working with Mallory Page a lot lately and I love her work. Original art is becoming more of a desire as I get OLD AS DIRT.