It’s that time of year again! One of my favorite things to do besides red carpet reviews are gift guides!!! In another life I always wanted to be a magazine editor and I have to say, so far this year the gift guides I’ve seen in magazines have been kind of disappointing. Either totally not realistic or fantastically blah. I hope that mine will land somewhere in the middle- attainable, real gifts that you really could give.
So here are my picks for HIM!
Continue reading this post
There is so much going on in our office right now- not to mention the fact that we MOVED our office and are trying to get it set up! We’ve had so many photo-shoots, book layout sessions, project meetings and, thank goodness, laughs. None of this is possible without Lindsey and Allison, who make it feasible for me to maintain this blog AND my business while trying to finish up this book! They each have amazing taste, and I wanted to keep sharing their personal wishlists with you- after all, I am hardly the end all be all of style.
Here’s what the ladies are craving for fall (and some are great gift ideas!)
Lindsey’s List: 1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. (25% off your order of $150+ today!) // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10.
Allison’s List: 1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10.
My company may be called Erin Gates Design, but it’s certainly isn’t a one woman show. I have two awesome ladies helping me out- my right hand woman Lindsey, whose been with me over three years and does anything and everything (I like to refer to her as “the unicorn” because she can do billing and design a room with equal skill, which is rare). And recently we welcomed Allison to the team to assist with lots of stuff as well as helping get this books done. She is also a blogger, so pop on over to her site too!
Both these ladies have great taste and so I wanted to start sharing what is on THEIR wishlists these days! I pretty much also want everything they do, so it goes to show our team is on the same wavelength!
top // pillows // lamp // ring // painting // barstool // dress // coral dresser // salad servers // desk (only $119!)
Music (Civil Wars, Lumineers, Vampire Weekend) // Maison Gray print // towel // sunglasses // top // weekender // dress // drink jars // sunscreen // book
Perhaps you are like me and find Father’s Day to be one of the hardest holidays to shop for! My dad is especially hard because he’s the unique combination of dynamic designer and typical dad. The guy can appreciate a good floral fabric but also likes his tractors. :) Now, I think I got a good gift this year (can’t post here because he reads this) but I did come across what may be the BEST source for father’s day gifts ever! Kaufmann Mercantile has this perfectly curated selection of GORGEOUS guy items- from a handmade leather football to North Carolina peanuts! I love the way the site is designed, so clean and simple, but also the way they showcase the beauty of well made products.
Here are some items I thought might make good gifts for Dad (it’s next Sunday, in case you are finding time to be moving at warp speed like me). Also be sure to bookmark it for birthday/ holiday gifts for any guy in your life!
1. Leather wrapped hammer 2. handmade football 3. leather catchall 4. classic rope swing (for the big kid in him) 5. manly soap 6. whiskey aftershave 7. north carolina peanuts 8.leather camera strap 9. leather bike seat 10.pewter cocktail shaker 11. small batch tonic 12. pewter and crystal highball glasses 13. hot sauce 14. skinny ties
I don’t know about you guys, but time is FLYING for me lately. And when I’m in that warp-speed phase of life I tend to forget things- dates, names, what I’m doing, holidays….. Now, don’t worry Mom, I prepared this year- but in case you guys are all “Shoot! It’s Mother’s Day this weekend??” here are some ideas that are available right now!
1. Sometimes online flower delivery companies bring….ahem, less then stylish bouquets. But this simple peony arrangement in a mint julep cup is simply gorgeous.
2. Wine. Always. Forever. Pick up on your way to visit, you ARE the reason she drinks after all…. ;)
3. A great book about hand-me-downs and familial style, Heirloom Modern via Amazon.com (overnight it!) or pop into a local book store!
4. Cupcakes! Bake them yourself, or buy a box at one of the zillion cupcake shops out there now. No one hates cupcakes.
5. I have this great popover top from J.Crew and LOVE it (wore it here-follow me!). Flattering on everyone and ageless… oh, and in stock in your local store.
6. A Stella & Dot gift certificate delivered to her inbox instantly! So many fun new things including scarves and bags!
One of you can give your Mom (or yourself perhaps, if you are a tired Mom, or need a break from your Mom, or are trying to become a Mom ….ba-dum-dum!!) a $200 gift certificate for a getaway to the English Meadow Inn in Kennebunkport, Maine! Andrew and I like to jet up there for a little quiet getaway by the ocean and luck you can now have the opportunity to go or give a getaway to someone deserving. Just like their page on Facebook and leave a comment about which room you’d hope to stay in. I’ll pick the winner and email them TOMORROW AFTERNOON AT 4PM (just in case you do want to give this as a gift!)
And this is Bailey the inn’s Goldendoodle. I love him and every time I go I threaten to steal him.