Ok, so I obviously have all things preppy on my mind since I am currently in the preppiest place on Planet Earth. There is something about fall weather that just brings out my inner preppy girl. Here are some of the prep essentials for fall (half of which I’ve already bought, like the Barbour coat and cable sweater- as seen on my Instagram). It helps that J.Crew, harbinger of all things preppy, is having a big fall sale (25% off with code SHOPFALL)!
*Hover over images for links!
With fall comes BOOTS!!!! I love, love, love fall boots- from winter snow boots to riding boots and various booties. So I picked my 25 favorite pairs for the fall season from Nordstrom because let’s face it, it’s awesome to go to a department store that carries tons of brands versus going shop to shop. Also, there’s a new feature here where you can click on each item when you see the icon pop up on hover. Easier than matching numbers up at the bottom! :)
Any boots you’re craving for fall I need to know about??
Continue reading this post
Fall is just around the corner (even though it’s going to be 90 degrees here today) and I’ve already started buying sweaters and all things cozy. I really want to invest in good, timeless pieces for fall and found some awesome examples of that on Ron Herman. The ability to mix and match well made items depending on where you have to go is so key to having a “good” wardrobe. And lucky us, today Ron Herman is offering EOS readers a 20% off code on their site- just use elementsofstyle20 at checkout!
Here are my fall classic picks!
1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. // 11. // 12. // 13. // 14. // 15. // 16.
Some outfit combinations I’d rock:
Casual Daytime: 11 + 16 + 13 + 10
Date Night: 15 + 13 + 7
Chilly Dinner Out : 1 + 2 + 4
Weekend Apple Picking : 3 + 9 + 12 + 10
Friday Work : 6 + 7 + 8 + 13
French Girl: 14 + 16 + 9 + 12 + 7
* This post was sponsored by Ron Herman. All selections and opinions are my own.
As you know this book has been a long process, which is finally ramping up to the release October 7th! So fair warning, you’ll be hearing A LOT about it, tour plans, parties, giveaways and signings in the next month and a half. Until I have a human baby to talk incessantly about, THIS is my baby (in fact, it took me exactly 9 months to write and shoot, oddly enough). Even though it’s a little early, I’ve started thinking about what to wear not only to the big launch in Boston, but to the other seven book parties across the country. No pressure (cue me breathing shallowly into a paper bag). I’ve started bookmarking stuff and will be posting some outfit thoughts here…. starting with this one:
1. Sleeveless black turtleneck sweater. Warm yet not dowdy for October evenings.
2. The Gates satchel- duh.
3. I did get these crazy amazing shoes specifically for the tour. I have to pack light so I figured one statement shoe and one pair of classic black pumps should get me through eight parties. Ok, maybe one other pair.
4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this sequin skirt! Paired with the chunky knit sweater it’s a fab mix of textures.
5. It’s not on their site yet, but the new Tiffany T Collection bangle is my new obsession. So classic, so lovely.
6. With turtlenecks it’s all about statement earrings. Love the vintage vibe of these.
7. The reason I’m doing all this.
8. When traveling I love a good eyeshadow palette- this one from Nars looks perfect for fall!
9. I smelled this new Armani fragrance the other day and love it for fall!
I asked readers on Twitter yesterday if there was any topic they were interested in for today’s post, and one person simply said “Can you really wear navy and black together?” I thought that was a good question. Wearing navy and black together has been one of those fashion rule no-no’s (like wearing white before Memorial Day- most people no longer “abide” by them. There was a lot of navy and black together on the fall runways so I think we all need to be versed in how to pair these moody, dark colors together in a tasteful and clever way.
Continue reading this post