The Erin Gates Design team is looking for an experienced, full time Interior Designer to join our team in our Newton Center office. This person should be a creative thinker with an established eye for design and a can-do attitude as our office is small and we all pitch in on a multitude of tasks from styling photo shoots to chiming in on product design! We have a lot of fun projects coming up and are excited to bring another stylish, fun person into the mix to help us get it all done!
- MUST have experience working in an interior design firm or for yourself as a designer. 5-8 years experience preferred, having established vendor relations in the area a big plus.
- MUST know AutoCAD and be comfortable drafting floorplans, elevations and the like.
- Ideally this candidate knows Studio Designer or comparable interior design focused software for invoicing, billing and tracking.
- Car and valid license.
- My dogs come to the office, so someone okay with dogs is also a must.
- Incredibly organized (as I am not, so I hire people to be organized for me!)
- Proactive work style in which you think ahead about what needs to get done.
- Responsible for full project management for multiple clients at once. Must be a skilled multi-tasker who can handle many projects at once. Almost all our projects are residential, so a pleasant and upbeat client-relations attitude is necessary. Will visit sites and meet with clients with and without me.
- Drawing floorplans, designing built ins and custom furniture and working with tradesmen to execute all visions.
- Sourcing and shopping for goods, requesting samples, cuttings, etc.
- Proposing, quoting and ordering trade and non-trade goods and making sure items are shipped/received in time and working to replace those that are damaged, etc.
- As I said before, A+ organization — binders and files to be kept for all clients so the entire team can access at all times as we do work collaboratively!
- Collaborate with myself and other team members on Erin gates branded product lines and media features.
- Monday through Friday 8:30-4:30 at our Newton Center office. Parking paid for.
- Competitive pay (billable client rate and office rate).
- Paid vacation/ sick days.
- FYI, No medical benefits available at this time.
Please e-mail all resumes/ cover letters and portfolios to email@example.com with the subject INTERIOR DESIGNER POSITION.
We look forward to meeting you!
I’m so excited to share with you guys that MY RUGS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE!!!! Given any big launch, there are some glitches on some of the websites the rugs are for sale on (currently Overstock, Amazon and One Kings Lane) but for the most part we’re in pretty decent shape! :) They will be rolling out at even more websites and brick and mortar retailers over the next few weeks and months! This is so exciting!
Not every vendor carries every rug in every size, so check all three for the rug you want! Also note the names on OKL are not correct and are being fixed :)
And in honor of this launch, Momeni is kindly letting me give away a rug to THREE of you (any rug, any size up to 8′ x 10′). Just comment with which rug you would pick (including color) and I will pick a winner on Monday! (Open to US residents only, sorry!)
I’m very proud of this line and really do feel there is something for every home here– from the softest jute for a living room to the sweetest nursery rugs and even outdoor options for patios or high traffic room inside. And most of these come in runners, which is something I thought was important to offer.
Have fun browsing and shopping and be sure to enter the giveaway below!
Continue reading this post
So, my little business is GROWING. Fast. It’s overwhelming to think about, but also really incredibly awesome. We’re in hiring mode, and the first and most pressing role we need to fill is a do-it-all, organizational genius Office Manager. Read below and submit your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Office Manager”.
We’re looking to hire a part-time (could potentially full time) Office Manager in our Newton Center studio. The role is not design focused but familiarity with the design industry a big plus. Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to): maintaining our wait list and responding to potential client inquiries, managing blog sponsorship/ partnership inquiries, running errands, answering the phone, helping with photo shoots, managing Erin’s schedule, making sure the office is organized and stocked with everything we need, managing the sample library, returning samples to the design center, assisting Erin and two other designers with various tasks and managing client monthly billing and general office billing.
We use a design-specific program called Studio Webware, so knowledge of that interface is a HUGE plus but not required. You will need to train in this software in order to manage billing so computer/web skills are a must. You must be VERY organized, willing to pitch in with anything, interested in the design industry and a laid back, fun personality. The office has dogs in it, so must be okay with dogs as well. Must have a car or access to a car as needed.
Hourly rate based on experience. Paid vacation and daily parking.
We look forward to hearing from you!
It’s a week of fun reveals here at EOS/EGD! Today I finally get to share with you our new professional website (www.eringatesdesign.com) and branding for our design services and business! While blogging, product designing and book writing are a lot more public facing– the design business is my bread and butter and what I spend most time on day in and day out. So it was high time we had a website that reflected that (and I plan to redo the blog to coordinate, but I gotta save some pennies for that!)
I chose Hanna Seabrook from Gadabout Creative to design everything as I have always LOVED her work (and Instagram feed) and knew that our aesthetics meshed really well and that despite the distance, she would just “know” what I wanted without me having to explain everything in detail. And she did!
So please check out the new site…a little more about it here:
A clean new logo and monogram emblem that I want to put on errrrrrrrything.
While I do have a book that catalogs most of these projects, they are split up by room type. Here you can see them all in their entirety.
Continue reading this post
Its been hard for me not to be able to share any new projects with you guys since they are almost all embargoed for the next book (which I AM working on!). Except I had this one beauty that I could share– finally!!! On Friday Elle Decor published some photos from it and today I am so excited to share a little more with you!
This client is a bad-ass single lady whose last condo was in my first book (remember the pink couch with black piping??) Well, girlfriend decided to upgrade in a major way to this newly renovated condo in one of my favorite areas of Boston. I was so happy to be back working with her as she is decisive, knows what she wants and most importantly, trusts me!
She gave me direction to do the space in tones of blue/ turquoise and greys and to keep it elegant, feminine and a nice mix of modern and traditional. Similar but also different from her last space we designed.
The main level is all open concept with great light, high ceilings and a gas fireplace and houses the living room, dining area, kitchen and powder room. When this space was bare and empty we decided we needed a completely amazing large work of art to make a statement and anchor the space. Almost immediately I recalled seeing the breathtaking work of Roseanne Olson at Iris Gallery on Newbury and thought this was the perfect client for her work. I was crossing my fingers that she would love them as much as I did, and she did! And so we bought one and used it as the inspiration for the rest of the decor.
Continue reading this post