As my kitchen slowly but surely comes together I have been thinking that I cannot just clutter it up with all my old, crusty kitchen accessories! Heavens, no! It would be offensive to all the money and time we’ve spent planning, designing and crafting this new beauty, right? Not that I have any money left to buy fun new kitchen items, but if I could these would be on my list:
1. I have knives from my wedding registry, and they are still great but this block from West Elm would be SO pretty on my counter!
2. Considering how many striped shirts I have, you can see why I was drawn to this pitcher– perfect for ice water, lemonade or sangria!
3. My favorite soap for the sink.
4. A new whistling tea kettle to brew while I prepare to watch my new addiction, Downton Abbey!
5. Canisters for flour, sugar and Splenda (because we buy that stuff by the case!)
6. Some new monogrammed kitchen towels- proper and crisp, not from a discount store.
7. New cooking tools– I have black plastic ones and they depress me.
8. I DIE DIE DIE for this matte gold flatware for my new dining table (coming in two weeks!)
9. My mom has her mother’s seasoned cast iron skillets and I tell you- cooking with those puts all other pans to shame. This one is not seasoned with decades of cooking, but it would do.
10. I still need a couple of these bottle stoppers– they are just SO GOOD.
11. A pretty walnut cutting board that would look nice with my new floor color!
12. A simple, but pretty, paper towel holder.
13. I never ever need kitchen string, but this little thing would just be too cute on the shelf!
14. Gorgeous champagne glasses to toast our new kitchen with!!!!
15. I know the VItamix is best, but I cannot fathom spending $600 on a blender. I just can’t. I like my Breville juicer a lot, so I think they probably make a good blender too. :)
Counters go in tomorrow! They are my favorite thing in the kitchen and I can’t wait to show you!
Now I just have to learn how to be a good cook.