Last week I made a pilgrimage down to the Matouk factory in Fall River, MA. Until a couple of years ago I didn’t know that this luxury bedding company was actually based out of Massachusetts! I have clients who have always sworn by the factory store down there for bedding and towels at a discount but had never been myself. So I decided to change that and went down for a little tour of the store, the factory and see the plans for their expansion!
The factory store is small (for now) but CHOCK FULL of awesome finds.
Lulu DK for Matouk bedding…
Continue reading this post
What better way to kick off Monday than FREE STUFF?!?! I love it when nice people have great success and one of those very people happens to be my friend and former studio-mate Jill Rosenwald. Her first bedding collection is our now at Bed, Bath & Beyond and just for you I get to give away a full set plus a decorative pillow of your choice! All the designs are bold and fun and a reflection of patterns Jill’s been painting on her pottery for years. Great for any space- even a teen or kids room!
Check out the whole collection HERE and then leave a comment with which set you want (and what size) AND which decorative pillow. A winner will be picked on Friday and e-mailed directly to set up delivery!
The fun decorative pillows also would be great on a sofa, chair…anywhere!
When I saw the new line of nursery bedding from Rikshaw I think I felt my ovaries shiver. I am obsessed with block print anything and this new line is THE BEST nursery bedding I have seen in years. Seriously. Just looks at these phenomenal designs….
Some cute accessory pieces too!
We are giving away any combination of (1) crib skirt (1) crib sheet and (1) quilt of your choice! Contest will run until next Monday! A great gift for yourself or an expecting friend or family member! To enter:
1) Leave a comment with what combination of bedding you’d like from the new Rikshaw Nursery Collection.
3) Cross your fingers and toes!
I get so stupidly excited when new stuff comes out from vendors I use a lot for design projects. As of late, I have been giddy over all the new stuff coming out from Ballard Designs, a company I use a lot for budget friendly jobs. Take a peek at some of my favorite new things- so good, right?
This table skirt blew my mind. Know why?
Because it looks just like this one I’ve coveted forever from designer Tom Scheerer! Having this made would cost at least three times as much as they are charging.
More favorites- this tufted ottoman with tape trim (many options for the trim!) and this studded long x-bench for the end of the bed!
DYING over the lacquered faux bamboo barstools.
Continue reading this post
So my bedroom is at a stand still- and I need a few more things (big ticket things, actually) to make it feel DONE done. As it is now:
I still like the bed, bedding and side tables but need to replace my dresser and find some art that will work with our low ceilings. And although the rug is new, it shed SO MUCH we need to get rid of it or move it. Here is what I’d love to do to make this space feel luxurious and calming:
1. I want to frame two chinoiserie panels and hang them behind each nightstand- they’ll reach right up to the ceiling!
2. I’d LOVE a pair fo these Bunny Williams Beeline lamps because they add a touch of modernity and mix metals which will blend the nickel nailheads on the headboard with other gold accents in the space.
3. Maybe hand three of these very small sunbursts in a cluster above the bed?
4. A chair in the corner with interesting lines like this Kristin Drohan Collection one.
5. Add some natural/grey roman shades layered under the silk drapes.
6. LOTS of yummy candles- this lavender one is best for bedrooms because it’s calming.
7. I’d DIE for this overdyed rug in the palest pinky coral to compliment my lumbar pillow.
8. FINALLY a new dresser, I love this one so much. So sick of having an old dresser with drawers that won’t shut and hardware that keeps falling off!