Just some of the things that have been catching my eye, ear and attention!
I really loved reading about designer Peter Dunham‘s Los Angeles apartment in the new House Beautiful small spaces issue. What’s really interesting is that after a tumultuous personal time, he decided to sell his 3,500 square foot house and move into this 550 square foot apartment . And it sounds like he’s happier than ever in it! I’ve always liked small but efficient spaces, there’s a coziness and feeling of safety to them. Check out his adorable new place and then see how to get the look…
Love the blue door…
The living room in a mix of his own fabrics set against a pretty pink wall color.
This window seat makes the perfect spot for a small dining area.
Who doesn’t love a good, long, hot day at the beach? With the Fourth quickly approaching I thought a little round up of beach-day essentials was in order. Slap on some sunscreen and enjoy….
1. A starry bikini (this one rocks too).
2. Cheap sunglasses (because if you’re like me, you’ll probably lose them…)
4. An adorable striped beach tote.
5. A little Americana– and sun protection.
6. I love these striped turkish beach towels!
8. This zinc based sunblock doesn’t have any chemicals but also doesn’t take six hours to rub in.
9. Adorable matches to light your end of the day bonfire.
10. Roll up canvas checker game to stay entertained when the clouds pass over.
11. A paddle ball game to work up a sweat.
12. Nautically influenced rope sandals are SO New England!
13. Bamboo plates and forks made all spangl-y thanks to this Etsy shop.
14. Classic checkered napkins.
15. A cool rope leash for your best bud.
I just got back last night from a little vacation to the historic Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia. I’ve been once before, but even so, when I arrived I couldn’t help but declare “Instagram GOLD!” The amazing Dorothy Draper designed spaces are just so amazing and awesome you can’t help but pull out your phone for a few- or obscene amount- of snaps. If you missed it over on Instagram here are a few pics from my trip:
The perfect coral walls (for a similar color try Benjamin Moore’s Bird of Paradise or All A Blaze- the same color in my office) and the herringbone floor just about did me in in this room. The old paintings look so incredible against this bold color!
Drama everywhere in the form of bold florals, bright colors and black and white!
This chandelier (and ceiling) slay me- the detail work and the coral paint is just perfect with gold.
I love this room in the lobby bar area. Only Dorothy can do hunter green and red without it looking like a Christmas nightmare.
One of the hottest new hotels in Manhattan right now has to be The Marlton. I love the style of the hotel which proudly announced that it’s rooms are small but their ideas are big. The blend of modern and traditional is totally my personal style, and I think a lot of inspiration can be gleaned from these spaces.
Small IS the new big after all! :)
This is reinforcing my choice to do brass in my new bathroom- I was up in the middle of the night questioning my decision but now, not so much.