Business is booming, and so as we prepare to move our office to a larger space, we are looking to hire a full time experienced designer to join the Erin Gates Design team! Currently we are a staff of five, including myself as creative director (I guess?), two full time designers, a project manager and marketing/business development manager. We also may be hiring another person (office manager/design assistant) after the move, so stay tuned for that! The new office is located in Wellesley at 380 Washington Street and does require a car.
TITLE: JUNIOR DESIGNER
REPORTS TO: Senior Designers & myself
JOB DESCRIPTION: Work collaboratively with EGD team to help create residential interiors in line with the Erin Gates Design aesthetic and attention to detail through design boards, floorplans, elevations, sketches, material selections and execution/installation. Will manage a dedicated client list while also providing support to other team members as needed.
- At least five years experience as a residential designer with a portfolio of work and knowledge of Boston area design resources.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Adobe Photoshop a must. Preference for those with experience in Studio Designer (previously called Studio Webware).
- Must have a reliable car (parking is free at the new office).
- Knowledgable about furniture, lighting, decor and construction sources.
- Must be collaborative, self motivated and organized, as well as comfortable working in a laid back environment (i.e. we work hard, but joke a lot).
Very competitive pay and paid vacation. Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “DESIGNER POSITION”