I like to start my year off by cleaning out my over-stocked medicine cabinet and vanity of products I no longer use or didn’t like and start fresh. I still strive to be one of those people who has fewer, better things all around, and beauty products are a great way to start that process. I don’t need 6 eye creams or 4 mascaras. And while it’s tempting and fun to try new things, I need to stick with what works for me most of the time. Less clutter, less CRAP in 2019! Hooray! So here is my updates beauty regimen and stand-by favorites.
SKINCARE & MAKE-UP ROUTINE:
- This oil has SO much hype, and Allison in my office has it and agrees it’s amazing, so while it is hideously expensive, I did order it and will fill you in on my thoughts.
- I have been using this cleanser for over a year and I LOVE it. Also expensive, but fewer chemicals, smells like the spa of your dreams and really cleans your skin without drying it out at all.
- This mask/exfoliator is SO good. You slather it on and leave for five minutes and then rub it around (it has a fine grain to it) to exfoliate and wash off. It looks like you’ve had a 50 minute facial, I swear.
- Another one of the hyped up new products for 2019- this cream uses stem cell technology to do all sorts of good stuff for aging skin. Instead of buying another jar of my stand-by La Mer, I’m giving this a try. Will report back!
- I love a really rich eye cream, and this old classic always fits the bill!
- I always am in search fo the best foundation with medium coverage and just bought this new Becca one and quite like it! Matte, but not drying, and rather natural looking.
- This is a new cult-favorite concealer, which is another thing I always am on the hunt for (still love my Wander Beauty one too).
- Speaking of Wander Beauty, I still am massively enamored with their mascara. I’m on my fourth tube.
- I love a good palette, and this one from Tarte is a great combination of neutrals, richly pigmented and under $40.
- This matte bronzer in Stonestreet is still my favorite, it has a little warmth to it so it doesn’t look “dirty”.
- A new blush favorite is Bobbi Brown in Slopes— it gives you the “I just went skiing” flush!
- This highlighter is great for evening- I bought the mini one as a little goes a LONG way and it takes up less room in my tiny makeup drawer!
- We all have a zillion glosses, so here are three of my faves- first, for a neutral glimmer, Fenty Gloss Bomb. So perfect.
- For a gloss without sparkle but lots of shine, I love this Bobbi Brown one in Nude. The perfect neutral- not too pink or beige.
- For a tinted balm, Bobbi Brown’s in Raspberry is a flush of natural color with only a little sheen.
- My new CVS find- this brow pencil is JUST as good as the $25 one I was buying at Sephora but is a delughtful $9.
SHOP THE POST:
I’ll be parked on my couch Sunday night Insta-storying the Globes Red Carpet and will have my full review here on Monday morning! Let award season begin!!!! Have a great weekend everyone!