The Erin Gates Design team is looking for an experienced, full time Interior Designer to join our team in our Newton Center office. This person should be a creative thinker with an established eye for design and a can-do attitude as our office is small and we all pitch in on a multitude of tasks from styling photo shoots to chiming in on product design! We have a lot of fun projects coming up and are excited to bring another stylish, fun person into the mix to help us get it all done!
- MUST have experience working in an interior design firm or for yourself as a designer. 5-8 years experience preferred, having established vendor relations in the area a big plus.
- MUST know AutoCAD and be comfortable drafting floorplans, elevations and the like.
- Ideally this candidate knows Studio Designer or comparable interior design focused software for invoicing, billing and tracking.
- Car and valid license.
- My dogs come to the office, so someone okay with dogs is also a must.
- Incredibly organized (as I am not, so I hire people to be organized for me!)
- Proactive work style in which you think ahead about what needs to get done.
- Responsible for full project management for multiple clients at once. Must be a skilled multi-tasker who can handle many projects at once. Almost all our projects are residential, so a pleasant and upbeat client-relations attitude is necessary. Will visit sites and meet with clients with and without me.
- Drawing floorplans, designing built ins and custom furniture and working with tradesmen to execute all visions.
- Sourcing and shopping for goods, requesting samples, cuttings, etc.
- Proposing, quoting and ordering trade and non-trade goods and making sure items are shipped/received in time and working to replace those that are damaged, etc.
- As I said before, A+ organization — binders and files to be kept for all clients so the entire team can access at all times as we do work collaboratively!
- Collaborate with myself and other team members on Erin gates branded product lines and media features.
- Monday through Friday 8:30-4:30 at our Newton Center office. Parking paid for.
- Competitive pay (billable client rate and office rate).
- Paid vacation/ sick days.
- FYI, No medical benefits available at this time.
Please e-mail all resumes/ cover letters and portfolios to email@example.com with the subject INTERIOR DESIGNER POSITION.
We look forward to meeting you!