A few of you asked that I do a post about outdoor furniture after seeing some great items in catalogs you’ve been getting. Well believe me, I get the same ones and was thinking about this too! I want to give my little patio a freshen up for the spring/summer and my new office has a small, narrow urban patio we want to style up as well. So this was needed!
So here are three looks using some of the items I’ve had my eyes on lately- I’d love to know which board is your favorite look?
GLAMOROUS/ FEMININE: I saw these gold daybeds in CB2 and died– and love this look that is glamorous and modern and yet natural and feminine too. Also those Frontgate dining chairs are INSANE for outdoor furniture!
1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. // 11. // 12. // 13. // 14.
MODERN: Black, white and green– graphic and yet a perfect compliment to nature! I love the black metal sofa and chairs as they are contemporary with a traditional soul. The bistro style loungers are durable and so cool and the ping pong table doubles as a dining table when you take the net off! Genius!
1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. // 11. // 12.
COASTAL: Probably the most popular look for outdoors, blue and white with woven textures and wood is a classic combo! You just can’t go wrong with this look- even if you’re landlocked!
A few tips when buying outdoor furniture:
- Pay attention to the materials– some furniture labeled “outdoor” is only for covered porches and spaces that don’t get direct abuse from the elements so make sure what you are buying is for the type of situation you have!
- Buy covers! I didn’t for years and my furniture got ruined– even if it says “all-weather” it’s always good to have covers for those really bad days (or if you leave your furniture out through winter!)
- Outdoor fabrics have come such a long way in recent years- you aren’t limited to just solids and striped anymore. Other than retailers, also check Etsy for custom pillows made from designer outdoor fabrics (search ” outdoor pillows” with fabric brands like Schumacher, Quadrille, China Seas, Kravet, Duralee and Peter Dunham!
- Don’t buy everything in sets– unless it’s a mix and match set like this one below from World Market. Combine fun chairs with a more simple table and pair a streamlined sofa with woven or more styled chairs. Mixing materials and textures creates a more custom look.