I didn’t get to do a SAG’s red carpet review, but seriously the only thing you need to know about that whole celebrity parade is Rachel McAdams. Now this is my idea of red carpet perfection from head to toe. The dress is interesting and sexy but classy, the hair is cool and funky but not TOO messy (and the dichotomy with the ladylike dress is awesome) and her makeup is glamorous but not over the top. #redcarpetgoals
This makes me want to chop my hair off. But I know that this look takes time and that is something I don’t have- so for now it’s a boring haircut and a dirty bun for me.
Maybe you aren’t headed to a celebrity packed red carpet but still want to capture this vibe? Here are some gorgeous black lace dresses to consider:
Some other things I’ve picked up in the last couple weeks I’m loving:
- This Gap sweater (which I got 40% off- and today is 35% off with code SECRET) is thick, washable and has a super-duper French girl vibe. I wore it yesterday with jeans, a tan trench and slip on white Converse and felt casual-cool.
- I picked up these sunglasses from J.Crew’s new collection last weekend- the oversize cat eye is sooooooo my jam. And at $125 they aren’t hideously expensive and feel of substantial quality!
- With winter already doing a number on my skin, I am using this Aesop Geranium Body Scrub on the daily (which I probably shouldn’t). But the smell is so heavenly and it makes me skin feel soft and less reptilian.
- You may have seen on Instagram-I found the perfect white shirt!!! It’s a great right-below-the-hip length, narrow but not clingy with a great size collar with the perfect stiffness for a little “popping” if that’s your thing, and most importantly, no major boob gap! Not to mention it’s from a Boston based small biz, A. Ruby, and $80. Score.
- This striped jacket was one of those purchases I didn’t love the look of online, but when I put it on me I really loved it. It’s a sweater/jacket/top hybrid and it looks so cute with a fitted black turtleneck dress and boots. The longer back covers your bum nicely too. :)
- This super luxurious cashmere sweater was originally over $350 at Banana but I gor it for $125 on super sale last weekend. I love the olive color with denim and leopard shoes and it is so thick and high quality. Makes other cashmere feel so wimpy and cheap.
- I finally splurged on the Stuart Weitzman Highland boots– since I’m not gonna be wearing heels much with Henry around, I figured I’d get some really nice flat boots and MAN, I love them. They add a bit of edge and dressiness to jeans or a simple sweater dress and are crazy flattering on the legs.
And is this rose gold frame stroller from Mamas & Papas not the balls? Wowza. Perhaps a tad Kardashian-esque, but pretty rad if you have a little girl! :)