Boston Finally Has A Room & Board!

I was beyond excited to hear that Room & Board was finally opening a Boston store! I have long sourced items from them for clients but never had a place to go see the stuff in person. I got a private tour of the MASSIVE six-story Mass Ave store a couple weeks ago and thought I’d share some snaps:

The exterior fits in perfectly with the neighborhood. I love the way they re-designed this old brick building!
photo 2-17photo-24

We walked right into THIS navy velvet beauty!

photo 3-10

The space is designed so it feels like you are walking through twenty of your very stylish friends homes, complete with fireplaces.

photo 1-19

A dose of neutrals (this Galbraith & Paul drum shade pendant was to die for).

photo 4-8photo 3-11

Loved this idea- one big photo blown up and placed in nine Room & Board frames! Looks custom without costing custom.

photo 2-19

The accessory floor was my FAAAAAAAVORITE. So many awesome selections.

photo 2-21photo 4-10

So many cute little vignettes.

photo 1-22

Sheepskins, frames, pillows…oh my!

photo 5-11photo 3-13

Did you know they have great art? Because I honestly didn’t.

photo 5-8

Rug samples galore you can take home to try out!

photo 1-21photo 4-12

Wouldn’t you love windows and light like this? Also, check out the super handy storage bed for smaller city spaces!

photo 5-9

I couldn’t help but notice the GORGEOUS historical buildings on all sides! This is what you miss when you don’t look UP when walking down the streets of Boston.

photo 4-9

They have fantastic kids stuff too- modern, cool and totally fun.

photo 2-22

photo 4-13photo 1-23

Loved the look of this glider- you easily can mistake this for any living room chair!

photo 3-14

Go check it out if you’re in Back Bay!

14 Responses to “Boston Finally Has A Room & Board!”

1. Jenn says:

Looove Room and Board! I’m lucky enough to have one not too far from me in LA and I regularly order pieces from them for my clients. Never seen that navy sofa, though–to die!!

2. Vicente says:

all the time i used to read smaller posts which as well clear
    their motive, and that is also happening with this
    post which I am reading now.

3. Erin says:

We’ve been there twice already : ).

4. Stacy says:

Feel like I’ve been waiting for like 2 yrs or more – yeah! Its open?

5. Lily says:

This is amazing news… just down the block from my new apartment! maybe not such great news for my wallet though!

x Lily

6. Anna Post says:

Yay!! I’ve been waiting for this–never have time to visit on my NYC business trips. I live in Vermont, but will visit next time I pass through on the way to Martha’s Vineyard. Somehow buying from the store seems less intimidating than the catalog….

7. Kristine says:

Love Room and Board! We do not have one in Michigan, the closest one is in Chicago and I always try to stop in when I am in town.

8. Emily McEwen says:

SO excited about this!! Boston needs more home stores.

9. Am says:

I’ve walked by this place many, many times but always dismissed it as another boring interiors store. Thanks for the peek inside, I’m definitely going to check it out sometime now!

10. Allison says:

I’ve been walking past this construction for 2 years now – so happy to see it finally come together! Can’t wait to spruce up my new Beacon Hill pad with some accessories from here! Thanks for sharing :)

11. Facial Mask says:

I’m not sure why but this website is loading very slow for me.
    Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end?
    I’ll check back later and see if the problem still exists.

12. Noz Nozawa says:

Congrats on the Boston Room & Board!! Love seeing how they adapt each store to the local architecture – I’m in San Francisco and have been to the SoHo and Los Angeles stores as well — all totally different. Thanks for sharing peeps of this new location!

13. Elizabeth says:

I have just moved from NH to Denver and was beyond excited to find out there was a Room and Board in Denver. One of my favorite stores to walk through! Happy to hear there is one in Boston now.

14. So excited! Can’t wait to go and see it all!