A Day Off.

Yesterday was a tough one for me on a lot of fronts so I’m feeling totally depleted right now.  And while I wish I could actually take the day completely off and lay in bed, my house is full of contractors and there is work to be done at the office, and a birthday party in the Cape I need to drive to tonight (I know all that signals that I really need to take a break…. but alas.) So forgive me while I check out just for today.
1500e4cc732a0a995076cfa4ff307826

4fe103506888f653f77893f111fb06be

879f62fa20e860ad9f66e72d635c5e1de2184787b0ee0a422a35039ca0639e46

31 Responses to “A Day Off.”

1. Natasha says:

Hey Erin, We all need a day off every once in a while. In between all the things you have to accomplish today I hope you achieve moments of serenity even if it’s in 5 minute increments.

2. Sally says:

VERY sorry to hear it. If it’s related to the fertility front, I’ll share with you what many of my wise friends, all of whom were (successful) veterans of the fertility wars shared with me – it’s a MARATHON, not a sprint, so pace yourself. And it’s BRUTAL, so treat yourself kindly. I went through years of infertility, and was successful, and we are lucky to live in MA with amazing IF coverage. Feel better soon!

3. CaroG says:

I found the same quote on Pinterest last night and thought to myself, “how true”. I hope we both can fit those luxuries in our lives today :)

4. Julie says:

beautiful images and good for you for stepping away for the day. easier said than done. xo

5. kimberly says:

I needed to see this today, thank you. Please take care of you!!

6. Susan says:

Just breathe. We’ll be here…

7. Brooke says:

Take more days off, Erin! You could post once a week and your fan club wouldn’t falter. Life is a royal bitch sometimes. Sending love your way.

8. gayle p says:

Ditto all of the above. Amazing how i needed to see this today as well. Thank you. Every day is a gift- take a well deserved rest and we will be here when your strength is back. Wishing you a peaceful and restful weekend with toes wiggling in the salt and sand.

9. lisabeth says:

Take the time you need…no guilt…you work very hard and are an amazing inspiration…deep breaths…be good to yourself…if the party is too much DON’T GO…do what is best for YOU. xo

10. Lexi says:

Beautiful quote, beautiful images. Hardly even feels like a break. Sending good karma your way.

11. Stephanie says:

Thinking of you and hoping you take the time to give yourself what you need.

12. Anna Post says:

It’s a beautiful new England summer–go enjoy!! Sometimes I think of the lives we build as painting a picture, and we have to remember to stop painting and actually step into the picture!

13. Mary Beth says:

Best wishes!

14. Kandy Donnelly says:

Skip the party. Send your regrets. You can’t dance every dance. Sent from a mom of a 32 year old and 34 year old twins!

15. oh erin! so sorry. feel better… watch some Suits! (just started..love)

16. Catherine says:

Hope you get your smile back…you’ve got a lot on your plate, everybody needs a break! I’ve experienced the fertility issues too, and I know that it’s a long, tough road (though I don’t know if that’s the problem today, it’s definitely something that never leaves your thoughts!). Saw the post about your pup, Molly too :-( Seems life always wants to dump it all on us at once…find your happy at the beach!

17. Beth says:

Why on earth are you asking for forgiveness? ‘Nuff of that. Simply announce that you’ll catch up tomorrow, without guilt :).

18. JH says:

We may be jumping to conclusions but if it’s related to fertility stuff I really like what Sally said. I went through a lot on that front too (to sum up, have been pregnant seven times and have one child, a miracle in every sense of the word, through IVF), and honestly this is not a cliche: It made me a better mother. Hang in there, no matter what brought you down this week!

19. Jill J says:

Thank you for being honest about your feelings in all of your post. You help so many people by sharing your feelings. By just saying I need some time away-to be quiet, you validate someone else who feels the same way. It is ok to rest and have some silence. Check out the Honest Guys Meditation. There is a beach meditation that has helped me just BREATH. Breathing seems like an easy thing to do but when you are on such a roller coaster life (but great life) it is actually hard to do. Another little advice from a catholic, irish girl from Chicago check out Saint Gerard. He may be helpful as well as a cuddle from your pups

20. deb says:

so sorry,… life gets overwhelming quickly! the cape/beach is a great place to just breathe! i’m always amazed that you post everyday. no pressure from your faithful readers! :)

21. Lauren says:

as Whitley Gilbert would say on A Different World – Relax. Relate. Release! Hope you enjoy a serene and restorative weekend.

22. Lily says:

I totally feel this, Erin. I hope you feel better soon!

x Lily
    whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com

23. Hope says:

You provide us with a beautiful quote and lovely pictures and still feel like you need to apologize…… Erin, you rock! Your blog is one of the first things I read most mornings because it is always inspirational and beautiful. Today was no exception. Don’t forget to love yourself like we love you! :)

24. Una says:

Much love and prayers for you today, Erin. You are appreciated! Xoxoxo

25. Uma says:

A party at the Cape! What fun! Leave early
    – traffic is such downer getting there!

26. Luzma says:

Loving kindness vibes to you!

27. I agree with anything Tom Ford says or does !!!

28. Meeghan says:

I have been where you are…the doubting, the guilt…have faith and trust the process…it WILL all happen…I know it. I’ve been there. I’m more type A than you! Started meditating…TM. Game changer…
    Sending love your way…it WILL happen!! XOXO

29. yahoo says:

It’s hard to find well-informed people in this particular
    topic, however, you sound like you know what you’re
    talking about! Thanks

Feel free to visit my blog post … yahoo

30. webpage says:

No matter if some one searches for his vital thing, so he/she wishes to be available that in detail, therefore that
    thing is maintained over here.