Fashion Friday: What To Wear For Wedding Season

Spring and summer mean wedding season for a lot of you, and that means it’s time to perform the panic-stricken “I have a wedding this weekend what do I wear?!?!” shopping trips! To help you out I pulled some dress/shoe pairings from for a variety of types of weddings from Nordstrom to give you a head start! CLICK IMAGES FOR LINKS!

FORMAL: Statement earrings complete this look
img91892_F_64_635282597562468838_image5

CITY: Keep it simple with some gold bangles and a funky gold clutch.

_8709418Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 7.22.03 AM

SEASHORE: Pearl studs top it off.

Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 6.48.11 AM_9235473

FORMAL GARDEN: Keep jewelry very simple and subtle to let the bold dress do the talking.

img3Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 7.27.40 AM

CASUAL GARDEN: Delicate gold earrings and a raffia woven clutch would look great.

_9131401img15

CLASSIC FORMAL/BLACK TIE: Be sure to check out the back of this one!

_8232089_7940555

BLACK TIE: Diamond studs or modern drop earrings are a must.

img8Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 7.49.05 AM

HOT SUMMER DAYTIME: A statement necklace or big, fun earrings help add interest.

_9229765img17

INFORMAL BEACH: Gold hoops or dangley earrings and some gold bangles keep it dressy but laid back.

img11_8967086

TAKE YOU ANYWHERE 1: Add a bold earring.

img6img16

FUN & FUNKY FORMAL: Simple, clean gold jewels here since the dress is so interesting!

img5_7833634

TRADITIONAL FORMAL: This also needs just a simple stud earring.

_812194691892_F_64_635282597562468838_image5

TAKE YOU ANYWHERE 2: Cool gold cuffs add a modern touch.

img7_8628561
SHOP THE POST:

This post was sponsored by Nordstrom. All selections and opinions are my own.

21 Responses to “Fashion Friday: What To Wear For Wedding Season”

1. Deanna says:

I have a wedding in January. I hope you’ll do this again!

2. Dx8vb.dll says:

Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site?

I’m getting sick and tired of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers
    and I’m looking at alternatives for another platform.
    I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

3. Julie says:

the first dress is absolutely stunning! really fantastic round up, Erin! have a wonderful weekend!

4. I have a wedding to go to tonight and been agonizing over what to wear all week…thank you!!!

5. Lisa says:

Thank you for this post! Are nude heels appropriate to wear with a black sheath dress?

6. Karen says:

This isn’t meant as a passive aggressive question at all, but I’m just curious because I don’t have that many weddings in my social circle (plus I’m in Utah, where most weddings involve “child” brides and a bowl of fruit punch)–but: Is it appropriate to wear black to a wedding? Has that old etiquette gone out the window?

7. Erin says:

Lisa- yes you totally can! A good nude scrappy heel should look great with just about any dress made!!!
    And Karen- I have worn black to formal weddings (evening only). I think that rule goes the way of a lot of more old school dress code rules that people don’t follow much anymore!

8. Stephanie says:

Great picks! SO could have used this last week when I was looking for a dress for a wedding tomorrow.

9. Lily says:

My faves are the formal garden and the city — but they’re all great! I hope you’ll do more for winter weddings!

x Lily

10. Sheila Gustafson says:

You have beautiful taste, Erin. Every dress and shoe combination is to die for!

11. Charone says:

I’m attending a formal evening wedding in July and am wearing a navy cocktail dress… silver or navy shoes/bag? What type of accessories? No necklaces it has a dramatic neckline. Any advice would be appreciated!

12. deb says:

your selection is awesome,…..thnx! could’ve used this last summer.my sister got married at gooserocksbeach and had the reception at “Earth”– a special spot! happy weekend!

ps.how do you manage to crank out post after post after post? i’m in admiration!

13. Erin Gates says:

Charone- with navy I’d do nude or gold shoes!

14. I am sure this paragraph has touched all the internet
    visitors, its really really good article on building uup new webpage.

Review my web blog – strikes bowling jackson ms

15. Craig says:

Consult with an asylum attorney and make sure that you have enough time left on your visa status to ensure your stay after being denied.
    A few points that could help victims choose the right professional are
    as follows:. Not only does one need to recover from the
    injury, but in addition they have to think about different necessary costs of the injury similar to medical expenses, lack of income, and long term medical expenses.

Look at my blog – personal injury lawyer – Craig,

16. Consult with an asylum attorney and make sure that you have enough time left on your visa status to ensure
    your stay after being denied. When you are looking
    for an attorney to represent you when you are injured,
    find one who will take your case on a contingency basis. Whether
    the property has a private owner, is owned by a company or is the premises of
    a business, an incident report should be given.

Feel free to surf to my page car accident lawyer mobile

17. Meredith says:

I wore the Tadashi Shoji dress featured in your first photo in cream for my rehearsal dinner and can honestly say it’s my favorite dress (other than my wedding dress) I’ve ever worn! It’s so comfortable and flattering. I may just hae to get it in a different color :)
    you’ve pulled together some great looks!

18. Kelly says:

i am loving all the metallic shoes this season. Hope this trend sticks around!

19. Mags says:

I wore the sole society Ceci for a recent wedding- similar to many of the shoes you featured (and available at nordstrom) but a lower price point. They’re metallic, strappy but substantial, and gorgeous! http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sole-society-ceci-sandal-women/3802653?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=5000&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_14_C

20. videolabs.zendesk.com