Inspired By: The Marlton Hotel

One of the hottest new hotels in Manhattan right now has to be The Marlton.  I love the style of the hotel which proudly announced that it’s rooms are small but their ideas are big. The blend of modern and traditional is totally my personal style, and I think a lot of inspiration can be gleaned from these spaces.

Small IS the new big after all! :)
98zh72c4d4n9ei7sbfgbckp37zwill52b9sio5l4jst4mj9nrz

bouifri7dk0d6qbzto1j0gg50oyi1iytiwnby3b57izmwg24bo

7at6juslswbbjcu42zmgo22z2dfgemlp9dzkxgzh8391dr0f9r

This is reinforcing my choice to do brass in my new bathroom- I was up in the middle of the night questioning my decision but now, not so much.

q6js5k5llg3rab373em1q97dlco9fu3u10qer6b7bymjgasddk

w2y6vb49z994vvnceuk8qy1kfx04248f6vg9vpj7mny805okaz

I love that the hallways have these runners!

aq1dr6er4wm2wp4mo4y7nno52uy7b7cfcv5ydkq1zmb2swg28n

What a beautiful place to dine!

a0l67auxsvsd4rxwn7998ompstdmagx5115ntyfzt45ng4xlk0

62dyfgxsbwyibayjswy4qiomjt224fl7c1otd5aizv3bbuhcwr

Here’s how to get the look of the rooms at the Marlton yourself:

marlton

1.  A replica Serge Mouille ceiling fixture found on eBay.

2. Gilt and mirror sconces.

3. Modern mirrored side tables.

4.  A vintage headboard found on eBay (I LOVE this one too!) This one would need some gilt paint but the fabric is in great condition! (hint: search terms like “gilt wood headboard”, “antique french headboard” and “Louis style headboard”)

5. Matouk sheets- can I just tell you, I was so not a believer in good bedding until I got a single set of Matouk sheets. I actually get excited when I put them on the bed and Andrew will say when he slips into bed “ooohhh, are our nice sheets on?” A luxury yes, but one that really makes a difference!

6. Faux fur throw (Oliver approved, we’ve had this one on our couch forever and it’s his favorite thing in the whole world. Other than squirrels.)

7. A yummy French candle to set the mood.

8. A traditional rug.  You can find great ones on Etsy and Ebay too if you use the search terms “antique/vintage Oushak” and even “overdye rugs”.

16 Responses to “Inspired By: The Marlton Hotel”

1. Natalie says:

Beautiful hotel! My mom and I are headed to NYC this fall for a girls trip, if I hadn’t already pre-booked and paid for everything I would definitely stay at this hotel.

2. Meredith says:

Love this post! We just featured photos from our stay at The Marlton last week – you would absolutely love visiting this hotel, I just know it! The brass in the bathroom was my favorite part!

3. Barbara says:

LOVE everything about this EXCEPT the Hollywood, makeup room lighting!!!! Arggggggghhhhh. I just ripped out 3 of these fixtures in my apartment renovation. For some reason it just screams cheap to me.

4. Karena says:

Fabulous bedroom and bath!! I love the brass fixtures!!

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

5. Lily says:

Wow, this would be such the perfect place for a weekend hideaway! And that headboard you found on ebay is heaven!

x Lily

6. Tara says:

Stunning!!! And you nailed it with your selections to get this look! As always. ;) That dining area is pretty fantastic as well.

7. […] If you liked Vanessa’s bedroom, you’ll love New York City’s Marlton Hotel. […]

8. Tara says:

Love this post! Thanks for the references and how to get the look. I’ve been meaning to check out the hotel lounge/bar.

9. Kirstin says:

Love this very much, but I have to say….it seems as if they may have used The Greenwich Hotel as their “inspiration.” This is my nice way of saying it SEEMS like they copied.

10. Jennifer says:

I love those mouldings! I have similar ones in my bedroom. It was a DIY so it’s not quite as ornate. I just added brass handles to my bedroom dresser and my husband said it was too much brass. He wisely said it didn’t matter what he thought. I’m glad to see pictures that reinforce my ideas, too!

11. Laura says:

I stayed here about a month ago, and kept thinking about how much the style reminded me of yours from reading your blog!
    I’ve been looking for the side tables I saw there ever since but haven’t been able to find them – if you do, please let me know!
    (The ones shown in the first photo, simple brass frame with marble top)

12. franki says:

It is a JEWEL BOX!!! Beautiful!! franki

13. Gray says:

Looks wonderful. Now we have a new place to visit and eat next trip up to the city.

14. I’m really loving the theme/design oof your website.

Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems?
    A number of my blog readers have complained about my wewbsite not
    working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari.
    Do you have any advice to help fix this problem?

Also visit myy website – no Wow addons Folder

15. Absolutely loving the brass fixtures! They always make a room so elegant and pop when accented correctly. This hotel has such an air of sophistication.

16. try minecraft free online games