Fashion Friday: Lingerie & Sleepwear Upgrade

I don’t know about you, but as a lady whose been married going on 9 years, I typically sleep in an old college t-shirt and a pair of rather ratty pj pants.  I admit it, I try very little when it comes to my sleepwear wardrobe.  But you know what, there is something so luxurious and relaxing about treating yourself right and wearing proper pajamas.  No need for uncomfortable see-through jobs with trap-doors and hinges and the like- but just straight up pretty things that make you feel nice. Why not? We deserve it.  Here are some finds to help upgrade your nighttime duds-

(CLICK IMAGES FOR LINKS)

Simple. black and with a hint of lace but not Pam Anderson-ish. Totally my bag.

img19img21

Adorable short pajama sets. I want BOTH!

img15img16

A cute print romper and tank/shorts set that probably feels like sleeping in nothing.

img20img14

Zebra jammies. DUH. And a more feminine print floral slip nightie. So pretty.

img18img8Classic white nightgowns to match crisp white sheets is a total must-have.  Either slightly sexy or country-girl chic.

img10img17

Pair either of these adorable bottoms with an old white tee or tank and you are good to go!

img7img11

I finally bought myself a nice robe in classic white. I love it. This black jersey one would be great for summer. And those times I spill coffee all down the front of me (which is everyday- thank goodness for bleach).

img13img12

This short robe is so sweet for summer though!

img23

And while we’re talking about it, my whole lingerie situation is pretty sad too. I am all about the nude bras, because let’s face it, they may be a little wah-wah looking but they don’t show under anything! Here are some of my faves:

Classic, fuller coverage bras like these two.

img4img6

A strapless bra that actually supports and a racerback perfect for tank tops in the summer.

img3img5

I am a BIG fan of the bralette when I want something pretty.  These three are fun, sexy and yet totally comfy!

Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 5.45.54 PMScreen Shot 2014-05-29 at 5.43.54 PM

a0c630a00f4b902fd4c623f6e9427ac8

For underwear you don’t mess with the best- Hanky Panky and Commando. Both are the only brands I have in my messy as hell underwear drawer. And with mostly nude bras, you can pair them with any color underwear (I will never call them panties, because it’s my least favorite word in the English language).

commando-black-tulip-lace-thong--product-1-12089851-0-527513363-normal_large_fleximg22

Or any cute print like stripes and leopard (my two faves!)

HAN3K1582_whiteblue_PD1267869_fpx

SHOP THE POST:

*This post is sponsored in part by Nordstrom. All selections and opinions are my own.

22 Responses to “Fashion Friday: Lingerie & Sleepwear Upgrade”

1. Nicole says:

Thanks for these posts. It reminds me of how badly I need some new bras! I also tell myself often as I slip into my raggedy pjs that I should buy something comfy/sexy for myself, let alone my husband. But I never want to spend money on something I wear to bed. Its one of those purchases that takes convincing, but is oh so rewarding when you finally do it! Its true, you feel great waking up, sitting around in your pajamas with some coffee on the back deck on a Saturday morning. #nostalgic

2. Becky says:

ha, what is up with the hate on the word ‘Panties’? Most of my girlfriends wont utter the word, and God forbid someone says ‘Moist Panties’.

I was just checking out the Hanky Panky bras yesterday because after breastfeeding two kids my boobies have shrunk so much, I can actually wear the cute little bras I never could before. Nothing bums me out more than looking at my once Christina Hendricks sized boobs not fill out my old bras, and finding an attractive bra is heaven.

3. Maggie says:

Girl, you are killing it with these posts lately!

4. Shannon says:

I would like to nominate “soiled” as one more word that should never be used. ever.

A couple months back I opened my bra drawer and exclaimed “I’ve had it! I’m going shopping!” And I did. My husband didn’t like that I threw out half of what I owned, or the bill that followed, but I love what I bought and it was a real treat to open up the drawer and love what you see! It’s nice to feel pretty under your clothes!

5. Julie B. says:

I really like the short set pajamas and the robes. I need a new robe for the year.

6. “trap doors and hinges”– haha.

I like the word panties, I admit it. I’m all about sleepwear. It’s the best part of the day so why not feel good about it?

7. Anna Post says:

I hate the p word too!

8. Ali says:

Hanky Panky are the best! I am hopeless when it comes to lingerie. All my bras are nude, nothing matches, and my only saving grace is that my underwear of choice happens to be lace. I keep thinking one day I will be put together when it comes to that kind of stuff, but then there’s always going to be other things I would rather spend my money on. Have a great weekend Erin!

9. Lily says:

Oh man, I totally hate the word “panties” too, along with “moist” which is a classic yuck-word. However these finds at Nordstrom are pretty heavenly!

x Lily

10. M says:

Panties is a terrible word. My husband will say it sometimes just to gross me out. Hanky Pankys rule.

11. deb says:

i can’t help but chuckle about the “p” word comments,……what is it? i agree! you always seem,more times than not, to resound/relate to where women (at least me) are at! like, yup, the darned nude bras (my hubs hates, but i still buy!). enjoy the weekend,…. great share!

12. C says:

Thanks to a friend I was introduced to Hanky Panky a few years ago, and having a little sexy under the everyday definitely puts a pep in your step!

13. Katie says:

If you like Hanky Panky’s (half my drawer as well) try Cosabella ‘Cutie’. They are better, I swear.

14. Erin says:

Thank you for this! I think my own lingerie and sleepwear drawer could use a few new things.

15. Amber says:

In Australia we just call them “undies” (everyday stuff) or knickers (fancier ones). The p-word is icky.

16. testosterone says:

I’m impressed, I must say. Seldom do I come across a blog that’s
    both educative and amusing, and without a doubt, you’ve hit the nail on the head.
    The problem is an issue that too few men and women are speaking intelligently
    about. Now i’m very happy that I stumbled across this during my search for something relating to this.

17. RoTMG Cheats says:

This piece of writing is genuinely a good one it helps new
    net people, who are wishing in favor of blogging.

My homepage :: RoTMG Cheats

18. Holly Irwin says:

Great post, Erin! Love those short PJ’s, they look so comfy & cute!

19. shoes women says:

Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I’d figured I’d ask.
    Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe
    guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa?

My blog goes over a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit
    from each other. If you’re interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
    I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!

20. Kelsey says:

Loving the robes! I’m one who has to be completely covered up (yep, I wear socks) when I sleep, so I’m loving the longer looks!

~Kels

21. Karena says:

Erin I have found that i feel so much more confident when I wear pretty lingerie and nightgowns that are a bit sexy (not trashy of course)

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

22. 3m tape says:

Useful information. Fortunate me I found your website by accident,
    and I’m surprised why this accident did not took place in advance!
    I bookmarked it.