A Little Something Special

I saw these amazing custom paper cocktail napkins by Emily McCarthy last night and thought “why do we only have these made up for weddings and other milestone events??” I want to start living like every day is a party- and be armed to throw an impromptu get-together should the feeling (and crowd) strike! I think ordering yourself a set of beautifully monogrammed napkins ($35 for 50) is a little luxury that makes you feel special. Because everyday should be a little special- even if it’s dressing up take out pizza and bottled beer!
WardrobesandStamps-101Web

(these look like high end monogrammed linen napkins!)

And why not share a new favorite drink recipe to GO with those cocktail napkins?  I love grapefruit, Prosecco and St. Germain so this mixes them ALL together in a luscious summer cocktail (I prefer mine in a champagne glass and a twist of lemon for visual stimulation.) :)

522-north-pinckney-cocktail-646

522 North Pickney Cocktail (via Bon Appetit)

2 cups fresh pink grapefruit juice

1/2 cup St. Germain

1/4 cup Campari

1 bottle chilled sparkling wine/ prosecco

Combine juice, St. Germain and Campari in a bowl or pitcher. Chill until cold. Divide among glasses and top with sparkling wine.

And while we’re talking about monogrammed things typically reserved for weddings, I also want to have a bowl of my own personalized matches in the living room for people to take when they come visit. Whenever I go out to a restaurant, hotel or store (I’m looking at you Hudson Boston) I love grabbing a little book of matches ( or sometimes four or five like a kleptomaniac). It would be a cute little reminder for friends of fun nights at your house!

813fe22f1a300bf40dca6944bbff670b

There is a great selection at For Your Party! Check these out:

Screen Shot 2014-05-19 at 5.02.30 PMScreen Shot 2014-05-19 at 5.03.53 PMScreen Shot 2014-05-19 at 5.09.50 PM

In fact, I may have to get a bunch to bring to my book signing parties this fall (I’m looking at you readers in Boston, NYC, D.C., Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas and San Francisco)!

Screen Shot 2014-05-19 at 5.23.56 PM

41 Responses to “A Little Something Special”

1. Kristin says:

Awesome ideas for a hostess gift, or even just because!

2. jillian says:

love those monograms! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

3. personalized matches– love that idea!

4. Natalie says:

So excited that you added D.C. to you list of stops!!!

5. AGT says:

You’re coming to Atlanta for a book signing???!!!! Oh, you just made my day!!!!! Seriously. Cannot wait to get the date and put it down in ink.

6. Sally says:

LOVE. I am hoarding the Hudson Wellesley Boston matches – when they went out of business in Wellesley they told me to take as many as I wanted…

7. Christin says:

would i bet weird if i bought the matches just for, you know, everyday? because i’m totally going to do it.

8. Love these recommendations! We still have leftover matches and cocktail napkins from our wedding last year, and use them often. When they run out, no shame in ordering more!

9. Tatiana says:

Yeah, I’m a little embarrassed at how pumped I was to read you will be going to Dallas for a book signing! HELLO, so planning a girls weekend then so my bff and I can pour over your book that night, drunk in our hotel, lighting our Jo Malone candles with your matches which is so against the hotel rules. #livinontheedge

10. Ali says:

Love love love everything in this post! Such a great idea to have match books made up for you home! When I was a wedding planner, ordering the custom and monogrammed accessories was one of my favorite parts so naturally I’m into the crossover into the every day! Oh and that cocktail looks amazing too!

Best,
    A

11. Sabrina Barekzoy says:

Yessssssssss…can’t wait to see you in DC! You will love this city :)

12. Emily McCarthy is a dear friend of mine and she has crazy amazing style. Aesthetically, you guys are two peas in a pod!

13. Morgan says:

YES to everything in this post! We still use our custom cocktail napkins and matchbooks from our wedding too, and we’re definitely ordering more when they run out. Love that you’re coming to Dallas!

14. Anna says:

What are the dates of your book signing parties?!? I’m in San Antonio, but might have to make a trip to Dallas! I have loved your blog for years and have pre-ordered your book!

15. Erin Gates says:

I won’t have the schedule for a while- but it will all be in October!

16. Mackenzie says:

Can’t WAIT for your book signing in Dallas! I live in Fort Worth but will definitely drive over for that!

I got so much of this stuff monogrammed for my wedding last month—Matchbooks that said “Sparkler Send Off Starts at 11 pm” and cocktail napkins/hand towels with our new monogram. After the bazillion leftovers run out, I will be jumping on this bandwagon for sure. Love the idea of people having matchbooks as a take away from a house party. Such a fun touch!

17. Melissa says:

I made those cocktails from Bon Appetit all last summer for friends and family…everyone loved them. A sure hit!

18. Karena says:

Erin I love gorgeous and unique cocktail napkins!
    So excited for your book release!!

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

19. Love the cocktail napkins, I have an event coming up, maybe I can make these happen by then! Fingers crossed…

20. Christine says:

No LA? Say it isn’t so!

21. These could also be inspiration for a fun and elegant DIY hostess gift.

22. i love matches too! i still have quite a few from my wedding almost 9 years ago and i use them all the time because they are a box of fab. would love to add yours to my collection :)

23. Christina Knicely says:

Love these! And did I read a book signing in DC – beyond excited about that news! Can’t wait :)

24. Carrie says:

It looks like I’m not the only one excited about the DC book signing! I’m moving to the area in 3 weeks and you. An bet your book signing will be on my fall agenda.

25. deb says:

i love pretty much monogramed-anything, so this is right up my alley! also, just nice personal touches to make your guests feel special (& your book signee’s!).

26. MG says:

How about a quick Philly stopover on your way from NYC to DC? It will be the perfect tipping point to lure my college roommate and fellow EOS follower to road trip from NC.

27. Stephanie says:

Yippee! So excited that you are coming to Dallas! I can’t wait to read the book!

28. Ashley says:

Book signing in DC! OMG!

29. Elizabeth says:

FYI, I’m blocking off October for your Chicago book signing (which could also be a pop-up shop for Two Penny Blue, I’m just saying).

30. Jennifer says:

I’m addicted to cute cocktail napkins! I usually buy funny, albeit inappropriate ones. ;) Monogrammed ones would be great for the times we have people over that are more acquaintances than good friends.

31. Veta says:

I jus could not go away your site before suggesting that I really loved thhe usual information a person supply for your guests?
    Is going to be again incessanty to check up on new posts

Feel free to visit my web site – locksmiths pennsylvania ddmv (Veta)

32. jessica delaney says:

what a great idea! i’m going to visit my brother and sis in law, and this would be such a great little gift…thank you!

33. Nancy says:

Love these ideas. I do have a question about the prosecco cocktail. If I open a bottle it really is only good for one or at the most 2 days and unless I am having a party, I would end up throwing it away. I would love to make this drink for myself on a warm summer night but is there a way to make the prosecco last or when mixed in this drink can you not really tell it has lost some of it “fizz” over a few days?

34. franki says:

MUST HAVE NAPKINS!!! franki

35. Amy says:

You have to add L.A. to that list of book signings!!!

36. EAC says:

Just ordered the cocktail napkins (and a tray) for a family member with her first job and apartment. I was thinking of sending flowers but this is so much better…

37. Jackie says:

You need to come to Charleston for a signing! Hit me up if you need any help making it happen!

38. Lily says:

Hah, I do the same thing with restaurant matches! But it would be awesome to have my own!!

x Lily

39. Alex says:

book tour???? When are you coming to DC?!?!

40. Description: Locksmith Brooklyn iis a local installation servicee provider of the diffwrent types of
    the locking systems. In order to leave the home in a tension free way one hhas tto
    instakl a good locking system soo that no one cann break in.
    It might bbe a really tough and hsrd move to make, when you
    have to spend when you are in a decline, but it is a necessary move.

41. Terrific paintings! That is the type of info that should be shared across the internet. Disgrace on the seek engines for no longer positioning this submit higher! Come on over and consult with my site . Thank you =)