NYC Finds- Design, Destination & Dress

New York based designer Blair Harris designed this fantastic Brooklyn townhouse and I love the rustic meets modern edge it has. Especially this kitchen.
59f534bf4eb322a8-299clintonst1621web

221c52326de15b1c-299clintonst1591web

8467ec4e3bf0cbdd-299clintonst1751web

a978bd14130fbbf2-299clintonst1720web

Love the navy millwork in here- my guess would be this is Farrow and Ball’s Hague Blue….

11735bbb1b626499-299clintonst1784web

049c286fd3243c29-299clintonst1661web

885def567548e1d5-299clintonst1819web

There are so many special places to stay in New York, and here’s another one.  Located in the heart of Soho The Broome has a totally Parisian quality to it.  From the open courtyard where you can eat breakfast to the restrained rooms and pretty greenery.  And the nice thing is that most rooms are reasonable for New York standards. And while still expensive, the Penthouse, with it’s unreal private roof deck appears to be going for under $700 a night in early spring. Most penthouse suites would be triple that in the area.

photo10

deluxe_06

photo08

junior_09

junior_06

penthouse_06

This is the penthouse deck- just awesome!!! I’d LOVE to wake up and have coffee here!

penthouse_01

penthouse_04

I LOVED the cover of this month’s Conde Nast Traveler, especially the poncho the model was wearing- and I found it at the Soho shop Figue!

photo-62Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 7.57.34 AM

I LOVE the boho-chic style clothing and accessories found there and hope to get to visit on my next trip to NYC.

sophie_tunic_thar_desert_front_005-crop_2Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 7.51.30 AM

Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 7.52.31 AMScreen Shot 2014-04-02 at 7.52.01 AM

Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 8.02.33 AM

25 Responses to “NYC Finds- Design, Destination & Dress”

1. Kate says:

Blair Harris went to Kent (’01)! NE Prep School connections are everywhere :)

2. Liza Miller says:

SO much to love in this post! The Hague blue, especially, the bumble bee-dazzled Roman shades (need those!) the dresses, and those pom-pom shoes…adorbs!

Side note, after you posted about the Oribe dry texturizing spray, I started seeing mention of it everywhere. One sleepless night, I decided to order it and it’s just what my flat hair needed. Extra bonus: the awesome Net-a-porter black packaging. My hair thanks you :)

3. That blue butler’s pantry is fantastic. I have a special place in my heart for butler’s pantries … and Farrow & Ball.

4. amy g. says:

Erin – do you happen to know who makes the bumble bee fabric on the roman shade in the bedroom? I love it!

5. Lisa says:

Erin, do you have any thoughts about sourcing the brass drawer pulls/hardware in the kitchen?

6. franki says:

Now…that kitchen speaks TO ME!! Personally, I am so weary of white…that black is just classy (especially with the brass!!!) franki

7. Erin says:

I am so ridiculously in love with this space! The white washed brick, those beams, brass drawer pulls, dining room rug, French bistro chairs – complete overload of amazingness!

8. That navy wetbar is amazing (along with every other detail in that space)!
    Oh Buoy Boston

9. Blair H. says:

Thanks, Erin (and everyone)!! The brass kitchen pulls and hardware are from Merit Hardware and Schoolhouse Electric, the bumblebee fabric is Timorous Beasties’ Napoleon Bee. And yes, that is F&B Hague Blue in the butler’s pantry. One of our absolute faves! Happy to answer any other questions. :)
    You can see more of the townhouse on our site and insta, @blairharrisnyc.
    xx
    B

10. Michelle says:

MUST HAVE the turquoise Eames lounger! STAT!!!

11. Katherine says:

Love it – totally gorgeous. What’s up with the wonky ceiling in the room with the white bookcases (sixth photo down)? Is it the photo, or a structural issue with the old townhouse?

12. alison g. says:

Pulse?
    Nope.
    Just died.

13. Lily says:

My favorite of everything are those bumble bee curtains! I’m such a sucker for anything bee-related :)

xo Lily

14. Michelle says:

…And i should add, this place is incredible!! If I could pick the place of my dreams this would be right up there. Modern but warm, antique architecture but modern furniture, lots of color but it’s still largely neutral and peaceful, and the design is so warm and mellow that it seems like it wouldn’t fall apart if you bought a new lamp or rug or chair, or wanted to swap out some of the art — like it would accommodate actual LIFE.

15. Im obsessed with that kitchen. If it were mine the only change I would make is the upper cabinets would be white to match the subway tile and lighten it up a bit. But the amazing exposed beams and countertops! They are on my someday wishlist. Thanks for sharing!

16. Susan says:

There is NOTHING in that house that I don’t like. Oh to live in that space!

17. Kathleen says:

Blair,

Great use of natural wood to warm up the space as a counterpoint to the dark cabinetry and trim.

18. jillian says:

so many beautiful items! i love the natural woods and pops of colors! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

19. That kitchen is absolutely spot on. I’m so over all white kitchens! They are becoming the ‘red kitchen of the early 2000′s’ in my non-designer-educated opinion. And turquoise for an Eames lounger?? I could never be that bold with something so pricey for fear I would tire of it a couple years later, but I love their adventurousness! Fun post!

20. deb says:

…the aqua eames!!!

21. Mallory R. says:

Love this space! Great work, Blair! Would you might sharing the info on the bling chandeliers? They look similar to Robert Abbey ones but slightly different. Love them! Thanks so much!

22. Wow, so much inspiration in this post. Love the blue woodwork.

23. Precious! And she does beautiful work. . It’s actually really amazing to watch someone so small work and come up with pretty impressive results! She makes at least one outfit a day and has for quite some time.great work

24. julie says:

Absolutely loving this kitchen!! I have been trying to source wood counters for my kitchen too. Anyone know a good vendor?

25. What a beautiful space! The design is absolutely flawless, everything is in its place and flows so beautifully. A little piece of heaven. Even the pain they used is from my favourite brand… x