Inspired By: The Joule Hotel

I spent my weekend in Dallas, Texas at the RewardStyle Conference held at The Joule Hotel. I don’t think I’ve been an enamored with a hotel’s lobby design in a long time.  Giant, breathtaking Lindsey Adleman chandeliers anyone??? Yeeeeaaaahhh, pretty much a designer’s mid-century influenced dream, if you ask me.  Since this was mainly a style blogger gathering, I found myself drawn to hanging with the few lifestyle bloggers like Caitlin from Sacramento Street, Jaime from Furbish Studio and Erin from  Apartment 34.  After years of interacting on the internet only, it’s so fun to get to hang out with these ladies in the flesh!  But back to the lobby, here are some quick Instagrams (follw me here!) I took to file away for inspiration.

Screen Shot 2014-04-27 at 1.49.04 PM

Screen Shot 2014-04-27 at 1.49.43 PM

Amazing barstools by Garza Marfa

Screen Shot 2014-04-27 at 1.50.22 PM

And speaking of inspiration, here’s a little living room concept based on the seating area by the coffee shop (best latte I have EVER had, by the way!) A mix of leather, pink, light blue, gold and marble- and a Adelman looking chandelier I found on Etsy for a fraction of the cost of the real deal.

The-Joule-Erin-Gates

sofa // chandelier // art // pink pillow // patterned pillow // coffee table (and a cheaper option) // chair // rug // pouf // side table

And one other REALLY excited bit about this weekend? I got to see the prototype for the handbag I designed for Gigi New York which will come out in the next few weeks in 5 colorways!!! Trust me, as soon as it’s out and you can buy it, I will sing it from the mountaintops. It’s AWESOME, you guys!

Gates-Tote-GigiNY

18 Responses to “Inspired By: The Joule Hotel”

1. Absolutely stunning! I know where I’ll be staying next time I’m in the area…

2. Kate says:

Cute! It looks a lot like the Celine bag but hopefully more affordable :)

3. alison g. says:

God, I love those Adleman chandeliers. *wish list*
    ag

4. Ali says:

Congrats on the purse design, it’s gorgeous!

5. I love the mix of chairs in the dining room and that light fixture is amazing…Erin, your handbag is just beautiful. I can’t wait to get my hands on it!

6. Erin says:

My dear, finally meeting you in person was by far the highlight of my weekend! Why can’t there be more conferences where we can sit in the back and be the roudy kids in class! I hope we don’t have to wait years for out paths to cross in person again! xx Erin PS thank you for the link love too!!

7. jillian says:

that bag is GORGEOUS!!! i love gigi new york! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

8. Anna says:

I LOVE that bag! That is exactly what I’ve been looking for. Can’t wait until it comes out! Great job on the design.

9. Karena says:

Your new handbag looks amazing Erin, cannot wait to hear more!!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

10. When I initially commented I appear to have clicked thee -Notify me when new
    comments are added- checkbox and fro now on eachh tike a comment is added I get four emails with the exact same comment.
    There has to be an easy method you are able to remove mee from thzt service?
    Thanks!

11. Meredith says:

I loved seeing so many instagram photos of The Joule last week – definitely keeping it on my radar if I find myself planning a trip to Dallas!

12. kristina says:

i’ve been dreaming of the joule decor since i left on saturday…! i cannot wait to be an official rhode island resident so you can come design my house. so lovely meeting in person (again!)

13. Suzy Alexandria says:

Love this coffee table! However the link is not working. Can you let us know where to buy this coffee table (not the west elm version)? Thanks!

14. Tori B says:

Erin, you bag is beautiful! I just started carrying GiGi in my stationery shop a few months ago and I can’t wait to get yours!!!! Congrats on all your successes!
    Tori

15. How exciting! That bag is amazing, and I can’t wait to buy one!

16. Hі there to еvery single one, it’s really a nice
    for me to visit this website, itt cߋntains uzeful Information.

17. Spasimee.Com says:

Simply desire to ssay your article iis as astonishing.
    Thee clarity tto your submit is simply cool and i cold suppose you are an expert on thos
    subject. Fine with your permission let me to clutch your
    RSS feedd to stay up to date with imminent post.

Thanks a million and pleasse carry on the enjoyable work.

18. It’s such as you read my head! You appear to fully grasp a whole lot about it, just like you submitted a e-book within it or something that is. I have faith that you merely can do by Per cent to make your message household a tad, even so rather than that will, this is outstanding web site. An awesome go through. I am going to certainly rear.