Fashion Friday: My New Favorite Shirt Two Ways

I was in New York the other week for a meeting and right before I went into a rather important meeting I spilled coffee on my white jacket (per the usual- I keep Tide Stick in business).  Panicked, I ran into the nearest J.Crew looking for something to pop on in place of my stained top and picked up this Thomas Mason for J.Crew tuxedo shirt.  Little did I know it would become my favorite new shirt!  Made of insanely soft yet substantial fabric and with the cleanest, best fit I have found in a button down to date, I have worn it so many times since- and right now it’s 30% off with code GOSHOP.

thomas mason jcrew 3

(This is a slightly more rumpled version of it, I have kept mine a little crisper)

Here are the two ways I’ve worn it- casual and slightly preppy with white denim and dressed up with my favorite leather leggings and heels (a sexy menswear meets vixen look!) Here’s how you can get it for yourself….

shirt

CASUAL: shirt // jeans // sandals // bag (only $59!) // bracelet // earrings // sunglasses

DRESSY: shirt // leather pants // heels // lipstick // bracelet (affordable version of Cartier’s Just un Clou!) // necklace // clutch

9 Responses to “Fashion Friday: My New Favorite Shirt Two Ways”

1. Abby says:

I LOVE this look – nothing beats a good stripped shirt!

2. cassandra says:

I have this shirt too, its also one of my faves. Thanks for the new inspiration!

3. Emily U says:

I love that you’ve been plugging Stella & Dot lately! Such great pieces, right? From all of us, thanks for the exposure.

xoxo
    stelladot.com/emilyuhland

4. sara says:

One of my favorite pieces hanging in the closet! Wore it to a cocktail party at Christmas with a short bell skirt and stilettos and wore it just last week to a ladies luncheon with a patterned pencil skirt. Have also found myself dressing it down a lot too. Packing for a trip and this will now be joining me. Thanks for reminding me how much I love this shirt!

5. jillian says:

love both of these looks! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

6. Karena says:

I always love a classic shirt that can go so many fabulous ways!!

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

7. I have a brass version of that railroad spike cuff and I looooove it.

8. magnificent submit, very informative. I’m wondering
    why the other experts of this sector don’t realize this.
    You should continue your writing. I’m confident, you have a
    huge readers’ base already!