An Inspired Patio

I saw this drop dead gorgeous image of the terrace at the Gramercy Park Hotel in New York and thought it was fantastic inspiration for anyone’s own patio!  I have some of Peter Dunham’s Fig Leaf pillows in my own sunroom and even though it’s been seen everywhere I have to say I STILL love it above all other pillows in my home.  Some things just stay fresh, and this print is one of them.

8c4a80c2c0813c5cfa59324cf8791135

So here’s how I’d translate this terrace into a patio or porch design…

inspired

sofa // curtains // light // pillow // glasses // table // chairs // lantern // string lights // rug // planters

And if the Peter Dunham is too pricey, there is a great alternative on Spoonflower by Domesticate called Tropicali Afternoon.

Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 7.28.18 AM

11 Responses to “An Inspired Patio”

1. Barbara says:

LOVE The Gramercy Park Hotel. I’ve stayed there numerous times and their upstairs terrace is fabulous! The terrace is open 365 days a year and has heat in the winter and A/C in the summer. I’ve been up there during a snowstorm and the effect is magical! They do breakfast, lunch and cocktails. No, I don’t work for the hotel! LOL

2. Alicia says:

The hotel terrace is gorgeous, and your adaptation is very nice! It’s also nice to have a cheaper alternative for the pillows, it’s not something I find very often on blogs. So thanks for sharing this!

3. Karena says:

You feel as if you are dining in a greenhouse!
    Wonderful!

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

4. andrea says:

Yay! Thanks, Erin;) So great.

5. lisa Mule' says:

Hey Erin:

I agree! I just spent the weekend searching on Peter’s fig leaf …funny! Last week I saw a bathroom done in the fabric on Pinterest that I absolutely loved! Thank you for the alternative.

I have not had a chance to comment on your blog before, always at work or pretending. Though your blog is one of my daily must reads. Look forward to your book!!

Best Regards

Lisa

6. Elizabeth says:

Too funny! I just spent about an hour on Pinterest looking at outdoor living…. could this mean spring is in the air?!!!

7. Julie says:

oh goodness, you’ve pulled at my heart strings! I am desperately trying to convince hubs to go for something like this! he isn’t much of a fan of the drapery, but I adore it! and I’m dying to have a conversation set with black and white striped fabric. must happen.

8. Quiana says:

Gorgeous! And pictures don’t do it justice. I was there last summer for an event and couldn’t get over what an oasis it was in the midst of the city. Always looking for a reason to go back!

9. Lily says:

Great tip off about that alternate print :) I agree, those leaves never get old.

x Lily

10. Love the cheaper alternative–although the original is hard to beat! I am going to do a round up of some cheaper fabric alternatives to the more expensive design staples later this week. Spoonflower totally rocks! I love the Connect The Dots by Honey & Fitz too which is a great alternative to La Fiorentina.