Inspiration: The New Domino

The spring issue of Domino is AWESOME. It saved me from losing my mind on my delayed flight back from Arizona.  There are some seriously awesome spaces in it, lots of inspiration and many reasons to go pick up a copy!

The biggest reason in my book? Lauren Liess’ new home. She’s been chronicling her reno on her blog and now we get to see the final reveal. It’s SO good. SO SO SO good.

SCAN0007

That ceiling???? DIE.

0f15d89b5e7430bbcd33267b21191bd4

This kitchen? The island? The iron racks? Yes please. With a cherry on top.

SCAN0008

This TV room is amazing- those shelves were made of IKEA butcher block counters. Can you say GENIUS?

SCAN0011

This shot wasn’t in the mag but I love it. How badly do you want to sit here and read?

Norman_13033LL_17_19_master_web

Another shot of the build in sofa…

Liess Home

This wallpaper made me let out a little sigh.  I will never tire of chinoiserie wallpaper. Panels, an accent wall, a full room- any iteration I will take.

photo 2-27

Abby Larson’s home by the ladies behind Good Bones, Great Pieces was a treat to see too, especially since it’s in my neck of the woods. I died over the dining room.

Domino_Larson_Dining

It’s just so darn cheery!

Domino_Larson_Living-2

Of course, you know me and my affinity for black, white and gold. So this space spoke to me (a 400 square foot studio too!)

photo 3-11

I am pretty sure that Xanax in room form would look like this. I relax a little every time I look at it and imagine taking a bath here with a little glass of wine.

photo 45

Jamie Meares killed it with this teenager’s room- fun, bold but not juvenile.

photo 2-28

DOMINO

1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. // 11. // 12. // 13. // 14. // 15.

17 Responses to “Inspiration: The New Domino”

1. Liza Miller says:

“Xanax in room form,” is a perfect description! You’re dead-on with the library. That room would be perfect for reading, sprawling, and napping all afternoon.

2. Jenny Post says:

I’ve been following Lauren Liess’ blog for a long time and I’m so excited for her and her family! Her home is such a great balance of beautiful and casual. Also, how did I miss that Domino is back??

3. Erica says:

The new Domino magazine is online only, right?

4. Ashley says:

The painting featured in the teenager’s room is by Jenny from My Favorite And My Best.

5. Georgine says:

Great post!! Have really enjoyed your blog recently thanks for your commitment to great content! :)

6. mary says:

where are those iron racks from? custom or available for purchase?

7. I’m not sure if it’s because of the anticipation of spring, but I’m loving white rooms with pops of bright colors with soothing neutrals. I can’t wait to pick up this copy. I’ve been itching to see Lauren Lies home reveal!

8. Karena says:

Adore Abby’s dining room and the warmth of Lauren’s home!
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

9. Anna Post says:

Wow. Love it, especially the loft space. Thanks for sharing–excited to have another blog to follow, too!

10. I love these shots! They are all so inspiring, I cant wait to pick up a copy of the new Domino. I am really glad that the magazine made a comeback

11. Lauren Liess says:

Erin!!! Thank you so much for the sweet words!!! You just made my month :) Huge hug and and can’t thank you enough.
    xoxo,
    Lauren

12. jillian says:

SO many beautiful spaces! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

13. In love with Lauren’s TV room! Great mix of textures and the color palette is stunning.

14. Beth says:

Lauren’s Pure Style Home blog and your blog are the first two I started reading! Love the transformations of her current and former houses.

15. Ikea butcher block is incredibly versatile. Wish the ceiling beams were larger-scale but otherwise a fantastic job. Great drawer pulls in the kitchen.

16. Nicole says:

Where is that delicious leather couch from in the first photo? Ugh, i have been looking for something similar for a long time now. I LOVE the color and exposed wood, and it goes so nice with white walls and that clear coffee table. I’m sure the article did not list manufacturers, but I still had to ask in case anyone knows of a similar one. Thanks for the post!

17. Suzanne says:

I am planning on using the IKEA butcher block countertop in my kitchen for some open shelves and a book case, so it was super helpful to see them in action!