Need A Getaway?

Exterior - Dusk copyb-L

Me too. Which is why I am finally heading away for a long weekend in Arizona.  But if you live in New England and can’t swing a flight right now how about a weekend away in Maine?  I know, it’s cold in Maine in March, but the cold is SO much better when you embrace it with fires, hot chocolate, wine, long dinners and snuggles!  The Inn at English Meadows in Kennebunkport has been a long-time EOS sponsor and a place I personally love to visit. Eric and Liz, the NYC transplant innkeepers are the NICEST people and really go out of their way to make your stay special and comfy.

So, for the month of March if you mention EOS when you book you’ll get 20% off your stay!

Need more of a reason for a romantic little getaway? Here are two offers coming up:

March 8th- A relaxing day spa day at The White Barn. - Start this deliciously decadent day with a glass of bubbly Champagne and canapés and then change into your spa robe and slippers as you unwind before your luxurious day ahead. Throughout the day we will be offering massages and reflexology hand treatments, as well as high tea in our living room. Featured partners include B. Kamins, Molton Brown, Airelle and La Bella Donna. Be sure not to miss out on this exclusive event. Must be booked thru English Meadows. 11am to 4pm.
$45pp. Includes two 20 minute treatments,  complimentary samples to take home and a chance to win a Moroccan Oil basket worth $350

March 22nd-  Jacque Torres chocolate tasting and wine pairing – complimentary to guests staying at the inn.

Morning Dawn_4-MSurrey Room_7-M

Living Room-M

Some other of my personal faves in the area if you go:

EAT:

Abbondante: A new space for great Italian.

50 Local: Fun vibe, good food, great drinks.

Earth at Hidden Pond: Amazing design, Ken Orringer’s Maine outpost.

The White Barn Inn: Fancy, fabulous and a total classic. A must for a special occasion.

Old Vines Wine Bar & Tapas: Walking distance from the Inn, a GREAT spot for pre-dinner snacks and sips.

Tides Beach Club- Hip decor and yummy food (the chowder was delish!) Check out the lucite bar stools (I die)

SEE & DO:

Goose Rocks Beach: On a mild day a walk on this beach is incredibly peaceful and soothing. And is dog friendly during certain times!

Snug Harbor Farm: My favorite! Mini horses, amazing gifts, gardening things and in the spring, plants!

Drive Ocean Avenue: Amazing scenery, the ocean and fancy homes (including former President Bush’s compound).

Wells Reserve at Laudholm: Hiking, cross country skiing or snowshoeing.

Daytrip Society: Awesome shop for gifts.

Tranquility Suite_5-M

Sunset_17-M

Serenity Suite_4-M

Exterior - Beach-M

Did I mention Liz is the BEST cook? Prepare for an amazing selection of baked goods and breakfasts!!

Foods_17-MFood - Roasted Pears with espresso cream-M

Foods-M

Foods_14-MFood - Hot Chocolate with Homemade Marshmellows_1-M

But the BEST, BEST part of visiting the Inn at English Meadows??

BAILEY!!!!!!

Bailey_1-M

He’s the inn’s dog and SO FREAKING AWESOME. I try to fit him in our car and steal him whenever we go. :)

12 Responses to “Need A Getaway?”

1. I’m from Arizona and it’s beautiful right now! If you want any recommendations shoot me an email.

2. HMC says:

My parents have a place in Maine, and I LOVE going there in the off-season. So much quieter and enjoyable! (Although I’ve had enough of this NE weather–enjoy Arizona!)

3. deb says:

k’port is my second home,…good job reporting the must-see’s & do’s! mayb add in allison’s for a taste of the locals hang out (& best lobster rolls!). happy upcoming vacay!

4. I just sent this to my husband and he booked a room for the 22nd! I’ll be 38wks pregnant so this will force me to allow myself to slow down and relax (which is actually hard for some of us – including you I believe). Thank you so much for sharing. We are thrilled to have found this place!

5. Laura says:

Antiques on Nine is THE best antique/home decor store in the area, and it’s right down the road from Snugs! Pallian & Company, Hurlbutt Designs, Fluerant and Old House Parts are all worth a visit. And if you are looking for fun knock-off jewelry, try The Best of Everything, right in the village.

6. Kate says:

And, of course, you could stop by Huston & Company and see our furniture being made, by hand, right here in Kennebunkport.
    A few other recommendations: stop in the Brick Store Museum on Main Street in Kennebunk – a local treasure (stop in at Huston & Company for a complimentary pass while they last); Owen’s Farmhouse has really great woodfired pizza (same owner’s as 50 Local and right across the street); have a vacation portrait taken on the beach by CA Smith Photography; and I second Laura’s pointer toward Antiques on Nine. So much to do here!

7. Dale Janee says:

What an adorable getaway! I love the look of this furniture and I hope you have a great time in Arizona. It’s a perfect time to be there in March.

xoDale

8. Alissa says:

I’m also an Arizonan (Phoenix/Scottsdale), and you’re coming at the right time! The weather is perfect! Enjoy!

9. April says:

An Arizona native here! It may rain this weekend, but it’s bound to be warmer than Boston! Have a lovely time and eat LOADS of Mexican food. And try the local wine (shoot down to Sonoita-south of Tucson-to go tasting at local wineries!).

10. Natascha says:

Don’t miss Pane Bianco for lunch and then wander next door to Lux for fab pastries and coffee. Great unique shopping at Jam in south Scottsdale and over at the Biltmore check out Cornelia Park and The Union. For dinner don’t miss Virtu, The Henry (more for design and vibe than food and adorable bloody mary carts at brunch), the Windsor and Churn on Central, Little Cleo’s for Oysters, Zinburger, Beckett’s Table, Tarbells…so many fab choices of things to do in the city. There is also a great exhibit of Madeleine Albright’s pins at the Phoenix Art Museum. It is such a great city (despite our crazy politics) – Enjoy!!

11. I’m an Arizona native as well – how exciting that you’re coming to visit! Send me a tweet @JordanMcBride if you need any fun and delicious recommendations! Safe travels. :)

12. What a beautiful inn. I am sure it makes for a delightful summer or winter stay. The decorating is very much my style although I would love to see a embroidered pillow or two to add some personalization to the room.