My Boston Favorites…

I get SO many requests from you guys for recommendations for places to eat, see, shop and visit while in Boston so I decided to start a Pinterest board mapping my most favorite spots in my fair city for you to reference while visiting! I’ll be updating it all the time this year so bookmark it (or follow me) to see my picks!

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 6.44.39 PM

7bc5ab686984c24301bf89c34f3db2d35aa5362f25491fbec378072869e80f59

Have any personal Boston favorites? Peruse the list and leave a comment and I’ll add them!

41 Responses to “My Boston Favorites…”

1. Jan Barley says:

Restaurant- island creek oyster bar

2. Erin Gates says:

Is it not on there???? Oops! :)

3. Tamara says:

Thanks, Erin! Boston is one of my favourite cities – always exciting to go back and visit when I can.

4. Jenny says:

Erin,
    Market at the W Hotel has closed!

Right next to Island Creek is my absolute, can’t go wrong, good for all occasions-Eastern Standard Kitchen. Great burger, and even better service.
    My all time favorite in the city.

5. Erin Gates says:

WHAT?!?!? Market closed??? WHY??? It was so good!!! :(

6. Jenny says:

Something about not being able to keep up with labor costs….that was the official response from Jean-Georges…

7. Jillian says:

Glad to see some of my favorites on there! Exhale, Island Creek, Sportello, Lolita… No Flour Bakery, though? The Fort Point location is the best. Also, have you been to Cutty’s in Brookline Village? Epic sandwiches and handmade bagels with homemade cream cheese on Friday and Saturday mornings.

8. Karena says:

Erin I love to see what is going on in other cities around the world!

xoxo
    Karena
    Kansas City Culture

9. Alexandra says:

No JP love for your old neighborhood? Salmangundi (not food, but thats ok)? Dogwood Cafe? Ten tables? Canto 6? City Feed and Supply?

10. Alexandra says:

One more place: the best bagels in the universe…. Rosenfelds in Newton Centre

11. Sara says:

I second Jillian’s mention of Cutty’s – it’s truly epic. Even if it doesn’t make it onto the list you should give it a try next time you’re in Brookline.

12. Patsy says:

Great list, Erin!

For your consideration: The MFA, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Harborwalk, Rose Kennedy Greenway + Greenway Open Market, Sam Adams Brewery

13. Susan says:

Great list! I would second Flour (best BLT’s in the world, plus everything else!), and would add Drink and Blue Dragon in the seaport, Bergamot in Somerville and Hungry Mother in Cambridge. I haven’t been yet, but hear O Ya is beyond awesome for sushi.

14. Kristen says:

Boston is the best town! I lived in Cambridge for two years and spent a TON of time exploring. I wrote a post about how to successfully “do” Boston in 48 hours. Check it out here: http://oykristen.blogspot.com/2013/05/boston-in-48-hours.html

15. Melissa says:

A great list! Some of my other faves are Stella and Parish Cafe.

16. Erin says:

I am not remotely done populating this- thanks for the reminders about ISG, MFA, flour, parish!

17. Erin says:

Love all of this – I was married at Mistral, in the Salon, so it holds a VERY fond place in my heart. Doesn’t hurt that the bar is amazing, too. Marathon Sports on Boylston (& Mass Ave/Porter Sq area in Cambridge, Newton, etc) is fab for sneaker rec’s.

18. Ali says:

NEPTUNE OYSTER.

that is all.

19. Cameron says:

I second Neptune Oyster! Also, Sweetgreen on Boylston is amazing!

Love that you included Follain and Twelve Chairs!

20. Lori says:

Hi Erin,
    This is a great list! Thanks! You should check out my sister’s floral design company, Spruce Floral, if you don’t know it already.
    Lori

21. amyks says:

Boston Beer Works near Fenway Park and on Canal Street for the best local beer in town. I may be biased though ;)

22. Gaslight is my absolute fav! Amazing food, decent prices and free parking – can’t beat that in boston

23. UrbanGrape says:

Thank you for putting The Urban Grape on there!! Forgot to ask how you liked the Educated Guess and the Atteca? Your new-to-me yellow lamps are perfect on my desk!

24. Amy says:

Love Coppa. Such a cool vibe. Don’t think I saw it, but I read them quickly! This is a great idea, thanks! Love taking annual trips to Boston and this is a big help!

25. Laura says:

Hi Erin, Just moved back to Seattle after 4 years in Boston. I found Washington Square Tavern, near Cleveland Circle, on the Green C line, a very consistent restaurant. The north end is great, do not eat there, you can do pasta at home. The south end buttery is good. I like to walk around the boston common and then walk charles street. If you come to seattle let me know and I can send you to super secret parks :).

26. Sally says:

Modern Pastry, Pomodoro, and walking the Freedom Trail (to walk it off!)

27. ooooh love this erin! my sister moved to boston about 6 months ago so will definitely be using when i visit her :)

Molly {Dreams in HD}

28. homepage says:

The popular the page with the links, the harder inevitable a thief will edit it, treatment of links and then for any chance of gaining.
    Opioids can provide short, intermediate and long lasting analgesia,
    depending upon the actual properties from the medication (( An opioid is often a chemical that
    work well by binding to opioid receptors, that are
    found principally in the nerves inside the body
    as well as the gastrointestinal tract. The Kaynbred account on Wikipedia was active between August 2009
    and February 2010, and the user seemed fixated
    on articles about mass killers, including Kip Kinkel
    and Richard Farley.

29. Lisa says:

Mare…pricey but worth it.
    I will check out some of the restaurants when I’m there next week for work.

30. Allison says:

Do you ever go to Sycamore in Newton? It’s my favorite when I’m in town for business and stay at the Newton Marriott. Last time the chef/owner even came out to chat. Amazing things going on there. Not Boston proper, but I love it!

31. Sally says:

Oh, definitely Sycamore! David is the former chef at Ten Tables, and Sycamore is sooo much better now.

32. kim p says:

I used to live in the South End and still go back for The Buttery, Franklin and for old school diner food at Charlie’s.

33. B&G Oyster & Prezza are 2 of my all-time favorites in the city.
    Lester Harry’s for baby clothes/gifts

34. Holly Irwin says:

Oh Boston! What’s not to love about the whole city? Faneuil Hall, the flower vendors, the waterfront…….too many to name!
    xo
    Holly

35. franki says:

This one goes in my travel bucket wish!! franki

36. deb says:

….i 3rd Neptune!

37. Jamie says:

LOVE DRINK! It’s our absolute favorite. And no wonder- it won best Cocktail Bar in America at this years International Cocktail Association meeting. And I love seeing Waban Kitchen on there. Newton has turned into this city chock-full of awesome restaurants in the last year. But have you tried Waban Kitchen’s big-sister, 51 Lincoln? The food is always amazing, and with $1 oyster Tuesdays, it’s a great date nite. Along with Sycamore in Newton Center. Ask for Scott, the bartender with the bacon tie.

38. Jamie says:

Oh, also, check out Carrie Nation on Beacon Street in downtown Boston. The restaurant part is fine, but if you go all the way through to the back, and up the stairs, there’s a fantastic speakeasy in the back. Music can get a little loud, but the cocktail menu is great.

39. k-lee says:

I second Bergamot – amazing cocktails – and also recommend Dali Restaurant & Tapas across the street for a kitschy, fun tapas dining experience. Great for a group! Also The Butcher Shop on Tremont St is great for charcuterie and wine.

40. Stephanie says:

SoWa Vintage Market, Sundays Year Round starting Feb 2nd. The map shows only SoWa Open Market (Arts + Farmers, May-October) …Antiques + vintage are found in the Year Round SoWa Vintage Market.
    It’s the coolest collection of fashion, jewelry, accessories, furnishings, art, decor + objects at affordable prices around town.
    Great Map!

41. A little late to the game on this and I’m a bit (okay totally) biased but if anyone’s looking for lovely lingerie check out Forty Winks Lingerie in Harvard Square. We’re all there to help find each and every one of you something that fits perfectly and that makes you feel beautiful. Don’t worry about scheduling an appointment…just come visit! XO