Fashion Friday: Olivia Pope. It’s Handled.

If you’ve been perusing my Facebook or Twitter you know that I am currently obsessed with Scandal. I’m midway through season 3 and VERY stressed that Jake Ballard is about to bite it (how cute is Scott Foley? I’ve loved him since Felicity.)  Anywhoo, I both love and am epically annoyed by Olivia Pope. She’s bad ass, but also has a meme-worthy cryface/ stressface that drives me nuts. But she also has some killer fashion.  So let’s take a peek at some of my faves and then I’ll show my OP picks….

Girl has some seriously awesome coats and blazers…

op_2d6cacd2926c3c700d93a3b4d3693bc2b

And she loves a good bateau neck top (also she makes me want to replace everything in my wardrobe with white stuff). Hi Fitz.

120903070518-scandal-fashion-4-story-top

More killer jackets. That pink one at right made me weep with jealousy.

OliviaPope3rs_634x1024-131002110748-634.Kerry-Washington-Scandal-Wardrobe7.jl.100213

Her evening wear- lots of black and white color-blocking and one gorgeous gold number.

olivia-pope3olivia-pope-dress

LEATHER OPERA GLOVES. Duh. Why didn’t I think of that? Super perfect for holding a chilled glass of champagne in front of a DC monument.

olivia-pope-scandal-leather-opera-gloves

Even her workout gear is perfect…and of course, white. But that swimsuit would have some serious drag for swimming laps in.

af103dbc2d0b9b7d152c7e6bd37b0aabScandal

I have never wanted satin pajamas until now. It’s all about the stain pajamas and cashmere sweaters with OP.

S2E2_2

So here are some of my Olivia Pope picks- streamlined, whites, neutrals and some black and seriously awesome coats ( oh, and pretty undies for secret rendezvous with the president, of course).

olivia

1. (she has a few of these Prada bags, I DIE for the grey one) // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. // 11. // 12. // 13. // 14. // 15. // 16. // 17. // 18. // 19. // 20.

30 Responses to “Fashion Friday: Olivia Pope. It’s Handled.”

1. F says:

She is the perfect storm of “could wear a paper bag and look good” and the most amazing stylist! I might have to get satin pjs now!

2. Nancy says:

Gorgeous – love that last coat! Have a nice weekend. xo Nancy

3. HHL says:

Love Kerry Washington and her character’s style! Though the towering glasses of red wine in her pristine apartment always make me nervous!

4. Lindsey says:

I love Scandal, as you know. I have to say I may be the only person on the planet who has had some issues with OP’s attire, though. Now and then – more than once, though not always – her pants have been awkwardly too short and unflattering. It’s always the pants I have an issue with. Love the color palette, I have to admit! xo

5. Erin Gates says:

Lindsey- Oh no, there are some outfits I hate. And that strange black and white strapless gown she wore once I really really hated.

6. Meredith says:

OMG, you NAILED her fashion!!! Spot on :) She makes me crave popcorn and red wine all the time, haha.

7. Patricia says:

Your fashion picks made me almost wish I were still working and had a reason to dress up … almost. But I do love those satin pjs; you did notice they have them in black with leopard trim?

8. Love your fashion pics, right up my style alley! May actually have to start watching the show now…

9. Oh Erin once again, thanks for nailing it. Dying over jackets/sweaters and giant ” I mean bizniz” handbags! But the squinched up nose awkward/ baring upper teeth bunny face she makes when she’s hAving a feeling are painful. Glad you’ve come over to the dark side with us.

10. Kathleen says:

Erin, you got me addicted to House of Cards with a post like this. Never watched Scandal. Swore I could not get addicted to another show. Damn you. ;-D

11. Erin Gates says:

Jill- YES, her “feeling” face drives me NUUUUUUTS!!! It’s like the Carrie Matheson cryface!

12. Olivia says:

Love those pieces! Your fashion sense is perfect, methinks.

13. jHill says:

Olivia’s real talent… wearing all that cream without ever spilling her red wine on herself. i don’t know how the girl does it.

14. Erin Gates says:

She must have Shout wipes in every coat pocket and Prada bag.

15. T says:

Love her fashion and her Cougartown-level wine consumption, but hate her taste in presidents … Fitz is the WORST. Run away with Felicity’s RA, Pope, and then you’ll get my respect.

16. jillian says:

shes so beautiful! i love your picks! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

17. Lauren says:

I love this post and I am just as obsessed with Scandal right now too! I am rewatching the series and also middway through season 3. If you are loving the “Pope-look” you have to read this interview from Costume Designer, Lyn Paolo – http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/reviews/lyn-paolo-scandal-interview-0913 it’s to die for!

Cheers (with a long stemmed glass of red wine!)

18. Meghan says:

I am also recently obsessed with Scandal and have been very inspired by Olivia Pope’s wardrobe recently… purchased this coat a few weeks ago and I feel very OP-like in it :)

19. Cara says:

Love this post, Erin. Would love to see you do another similar one for Olivia’s apartment!

20. seb2108 says:

What’s the name of the gray prada bag? For my wish list…

21. Anna says:

I really enjoyed this post–thank you! I have not watched this series yet, but the fashion alone makes me want to. One of my goals for 2014 is to inject more glamour in the wardrobe, and you’ve provided lots of inspiration here! Love these looks!

22. Tina Beanie says:

@Meghan – I love that wrap coat! Unfortunately they don’t have any small or petite sizes. :-( Olivia’s wardrobe is amazing! Classic. I also need some satin PJ, stat!

23. I don’t even watch the show (yet) but am clearly obsessed with her wardrobe. White, white and black. So gorgeous.

24. franki says:

#8 is mine. franki

25. Julie says:

Love love everything about Scandal. Love the wrap coat meghan – thanks for the find. Donna Karan sells some great lounge wear that is Olivia like. Serious cash needed to replicate.

26. Stacey says:

I am only half way through season 2 so I had to skim this post to avoid any spoilers but… I wish I could wear Olivia’s clothes ALL the time. Just divine…

27. Danielle says:

The drama, the style, the wine!?!? There is NO BETTER heroine on TV at the moment;) Next do a fashion rundown of the women of Suits– one word JESSICA!

28. PEARLSPEAK says:

hahah! yessss, she does have a meme-worthy stress face! I was always so distracted by it during those more intense scenes. but everything in her wardrobe, so gorgeous.

loved this collection and shared it with friends! all experiencing closet envy at the moment.

29. [...] Style and have been loving what I’ve seen. Before this weekend, my favorite post was titled Fashion Friday: Olivia Pope. It’s Handled. After all, I would dress like Olivia Pope every day if it wouldn’t get me weird looks at [...]

30. Red tuxedo says:

Outstanding fashion!a lovely fashion here worthy of adopting to have graceful look.Simple and impressive fashion really knocks at the door of heart of the fashion lovers.I love fashion and fashion lovers.I can’t help appreciating styles, dresses romantic era of fashions.Keep it up!