Mind the Mat

I don’t mind a fluffy dusting of snow, but what I do mind is the drippy, wet mess that gets dragged into the house in the aftermath. Already I’m sick of it and becoming best friends with my Swiffer.  Until we do the next phase of our renovation, I am without a mudroom and my entry is miniscule, so the salt and snow make their way into my house and drive me NUTS!  One thing that can help is a good doormat. I love how they look any time of year, but it’s especially nice during the winter holidays! Here’s a selection of some of the best ones I’ve found (including my own, #1):

mats

1. // 2. // 3.  // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. // 11. // 12. // 13.

OK, now off to shovel out of this mess! Can I consider this my workout for the day??

14 Responses to “Mind the Mat”

1. jillian says:

great roundup, i like no4 and 12. xo jillian – cornflake dreams

2. Molly says:

Totally thought this post was going to be about yoga. Then you could’ve counted it for your workout;)

3. Justine says:

Erin
    So funny was just looking for a stylish option for a client this morning and found this from Chilewich, might get one for myself. Other options too..

4. Нi, I check your blogs daily. Your humoristic style is
    wittу, kedp doing what you’re doing!

5. Heather P. says:

Thank you for reminding me that we need one for our front door! We also have no mudroom, so our front entryway has become such a mess!

6. Mom says:

Thought of you when I saw 1 that said HOLLA!

7. SK says:

Could you repost the link to the greek key border mat (number 9)? That link is taking me to number 7. Love this post, I just moved and have not been able to find a stylish doormat!

8. Susan says:

Perfect timing! I was looking at my wet, muddy floor just this morning and thought ‘we really need a new door mat’! You read my mind….and very stylishly! Thanks!

9. franki says:

I have #13…luv it! franki

10. What’s up, I check your blogs on a regular basis. Your story-telling style is witty,
    keep up the good work!

11. Tracee says:

I can’t even decide which one I like best! Seeing this made me realize how much we need a new one.

12. teeth Doctor says:

First of all I want to say excellent blog! I had a
    quick question that I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.
    I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear
    your head prior to writing. I’ve had trouble clearing my mind
    in getting my ideas out there. I do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be wasted simply just trying to figure
    out how to begin. Any ideas or tips? Many thanks!

13. Do you have a spam problem on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation;
    many of us have created some nice methods and we are
    looking to exchange strategies with others, be sure to shoot me an email if interested.