Fashion Friday: New Years Eve

New Years Eve tends to fall flat for me- expectations and reality never quite mesh up.  This year we will be staying in and laying low. But you may be planning a fancy night on the town. So here are two get ups for both kinds of plans!

nye

dress // earrings // shoes // clutch // jacket

pajamas // eye mask // face mask // thank you notes

11 Responses to “Fashion Friday: New Years Eve”

1. Mary says:

Expectations versus reality! That is so true for many things. Expectation (fantasy): an elegant evening of beautiful dress, delicious food,dancing and people behaving nicely. Reality (reality): none of that. Solution: stay home and make your own elegance.

2. jillian says:

sorrrta going out! dinner + a movie, then staying in. and i can’t wait!! :) i hate being hungover on new years day. xo jillian – cornflake dreams

3. Eileen R says:

Relaxing and staying in is my preferred option for celebrating New Year’s! Love that stationary collaboration w/ Sugar Paper & J.Crew. I am a hoarder of fancy desk/stationary products – can’t get enough. Happy New Year, Erin!

4. Squeak says:

For the first time in nearly 30 years, I’m going out New Year’s Eve. I have unrealistic expectations – I’m hoping to meet a nice man somewhere around my age! But the reality is that 59-year-old men are not interested in 59-year-old women, so I’ll end up people-watching instead.

5. Amie says:

I have been looking for a good faux fur coat for SO LONG. I love this one! Thanks!!!!!

6. Click says:

Good article! We will be linking to this particularly great
    article on our website. Keep up the great writing.

7. Patricia says:

I agree on “going out”. We have dinner in front of the fireplace, sometimes just us, sometimes with friends. … and finish in the hot tub under a starry night. I’ve been a lot happier with that.

8. And fix any product or packaging issues that would drive a high return rate and therefore impede
    a rapid TV roll-out. In 1954 with the introduction of mass television, radio is to have a function and a placing more niche reserved for certain situations like a
    car, this time the invention of the car transported in local youth,
    see portable radios and much more that has allowed the unit to withstand time through
    the change of form, but not the substance. In the design of
    this two way radio the fact that it is like a wrist watch makes it unique earning it the name ‘spy
    two way radio’.

9. Meredith says:

I love both of these options! I never think red for NYE, but why not!? http://thesocialchairdc.blogspot.com

10. Niki says:

I love the going out look! Gorgeous!

11. Lyn Webb says:

Staying in this year but may put on some fancy pyjamas http://modevoyage.com.au/