Fashion Friday: Modern Holly Golightly

Last week a was feeling a little down and decided that the only think that would pick up my spirits was a Breakfast at Tiffany’s viewing.  Something about that film just melts my stress away– probably the fashion and the stunning Audrey Hepburn.  It feels so cliche to pontificate on the incredible style of Audrey…but it’s for a good reason! Because she happened to be the most radiant, classy and adorable beauty there ever was.  Especially in this film (Charade a very close second).  During this recent viewing I was noticing how modern some of her looks are….

This famous outfit and shot- the lines of that dress would be just as fashionable today as they were then.

breakfast-at-tiffanys-black-evening-dress-back-view

That adorable sleeping mask and tassel earplugs (perhaps translated into earrings?)

25044-breakfast-at-tiffanys-sleep-mask_1

Statement necklaces!

breakfast-at-tiffanys-7-520x323

Feminine party dresses and the most perfect oversize shades (I found the exact ones below!)

audrey-hepburn-22fifth10

One shouldered draped dresses (the smoking, not so much)

pb-111005-breakfast-at-tiffanys-nj-06.photoblog900

Bold colored wool coats.

Audrey-Hepburns-style-in-Breakfast-at-Tiffanys-18

Scarf headwrap and sweatshirt paired with jeans.

Breakfast_at_Tiffanys

Here are some modern pieces inspired by the one and only Holly Golightly….

holly

1. // 2. (called The Audrey for a reason!)// 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. // 11. (the actual shades in the movie!)// 12. // 13. // 14. // 15. // 16. // 17.

12 Responses to “Fashion Friday: Modern Holly Golightly”

1. Would you believe I have never seen an Audrey Hepburn movie? Perhaps I need to look Breakfast at Tiffany’s up on Netflix right now! I do love her classic tailored style. As chic now as it was then, like Jackie O.

2. jillian says:

love this roundup! esp that coat and mask :) xo jillian

3. Megan says:

I’ve never seen an Audrey Hepburn movie either but there is no denying her style is uber classy. Cute stuff!

4. The computers moved into homes with desktop computers. This particular RAM access interface allows for a maximum memory module size of
    16GB. Before we discuss some recommended laptops, let’s take a look at certain requirements for a laptop to be appropriate for photo editing
    tasks.

5. lindsey says:

She’s also got amazing style in How to Steal a Million (Givenchy everywhere!)(also, amazing movie that I feel like tons of Audrey fans haven’t seen) and Two for the Road!

6. Mackenzie says:

OMG, I am OBSESSED with this post. I would like one of everything, please! She was such a timeless beauty. It’s so interesting looking at the stars of that time period and seeing how many of their looks are still so current today.
    Happy Friday!!

7. Leigh says:

Favorite Audrey movie is Funny Face. I wanted to wear black turtlenecks and short bangs after that movie. I love her!

8. Oh, how I love every single thing about this post.

9. Amy Florez says:

I love all of your picks!!! #10 and #11 are must haves!!!

10. smash says:

I have that eye mask and LOVE it!! It gives me so much joy every time I put it on. xx

11. franki says:

Just goes to show! Classic perfection! franki

12. Jayanthi K says:

The one shoulder drape dress she is wqearing is actually an Indian Sari.