Fashion Friday: Holiday Dressing Two Ways

As the holidays approach I’m attracted to all things sparkly- even though my holidays rarely include a bevy of parties that require such dress. But why not have something on hand just in case of a pop up invitation to somewhere awesome? Or even dress up a little extra fancy for a holiday at home with family?

Here are two looks I’m totally loving- as I constantly have trouble deciding how I want to look- ladylike or fashion-y. I am OBSESSED with this Hugo Guinness for J.Crew tee (it’s on it’s way to me now!)  The perfect sentiment on the perfect linen tee (I just have to remember not to put it in the dryer this time.) It also would be amazing under this blazer with jeans for a more casual look. But HOT DAMN look at that sequin maxi!  I looooooooooove it (and there are a few other options like it in the “Shop The Post” link below like this black one!). You could also top it with a black leather biker jacket for more of a “tough girl” look.

As for that dress, it’s from The Limited if you can believe it and also comes in a completely gorgeous blue for only $90 on sale!  The monogrammed gloves would be an amazing gift for any special lady too. Lots of little gifts here, actually. Happy shopping!

fashfri

Fun & Funky: 1. // 2. // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. //(clearly I can’t count) // 10.

Ladylike: 1. // 2 . // 3. // 4. // 5. // 6. // 7. //

SHOP THE POST:

7 Responses to “Fashion Friday: Holiday Dressing Two Ways”

1. Vanessa says:

THAT MAXI SKIRT. Holy God.

2. jillian says:

love that dress! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

3. M says:

Great stuff, but I think my favorite part of this post is “clearly I can’t count”. Ha!

4. Melanie says:

Now I need someone to have a Holiday Party so I can order that skirt and tee combo. Perhaps I just need to host one!! Typical of my thought process – don’t have an event to suit an outfit you love? Just plan one :-)

5. franki says:

Party ON!! Great selections!! franki

6. Zoe Royall says:

Remember that Victoria Secret pleated maxi dress you posted about last summer? And we all thought, how in the world could a $130 dress be so great? I totally trusted you, bought it, loved it, and got a TON of compliments on it! That was an amazing find by EGD. I also held your hand blindly into the world of American Eagle High Waisted Jeggings and am SOLD. I have the solid black ones and the fit is awesome. The wash on the denim wash ones is a little wonk, but, whatever, love them anyway. Who. would. have. thought?!? American Eagle! So, I’m following you again into the unknown with The Limited holiday dress. I feel so Kate Middleton already. By the way, you can google The Limited promo codes and get another $15 off, which means the dress is practically free (heeelllloooo justification!).

7. Erin Gates says:

Zoe! Love it! So happy to be your shopping sherpa!! ;) I am SO PISSED I did not buy that pleated maxi dress. So pissed.