Fashion Friday: Coats to Consider

It’s coat weather officially, and I have to admit- I have a slight coat addiction. Up here in Boston it’s the only fashion statement you make for months on end- most people don’t even get to see what you’re actually wearing some days! So you have to have a good selection of stylish but warm outerwear. I just picked up a military green parka with a fur trimmed hood and I have to say, I LOVE IT. Last winter every girl on the NYC street had one and so I finally joined in and it’s been my fave coat of the season. Here are a few other styles you should have in your closet as we prep for the cold weather!

P.S. Note that J.Crew is still 25% off your purchase of $150+ until the end of the day, Loft is 50% off EVERYTHING full price and The Dreslyn is 25% your purchase too (this coat slays me.) See the expanded picks for coats from these vendors in the Shop the Post link at the bottom!

coats

Parkas: 1 // // 3

Wool: 1 // 2// 3

Colors: 1 // 2// 3

Patterned: 1 // 2// 3

12 Responses to “Fashion Friday: Coats to Consider”

1. jillian says:

great roundup! i love ALL of the wool coats! and that pink one :) xo jillian – cornflake dreams

2. darn you, I have a coat addiction too, living in colorado one has to have all manners of coat. Love these and must resist buying more.

3. Christine says:

Great post. I’m in Chicago so yes, the coat is IT.
    After years of wearing the same old, I am ready to donate and invest in
    a few new ones. Love the picks here and appreciate the
    heads up on sales.

4. Love a classic wool coat! Finally it got cold here in Texas!

5. Lianna says:

I love the classic wool! I wish I was adventurous enough to try the other kinds :)

6. Liza Miller says:

The fur-trimmed parkas are the best. I ordered one from Lands End last year and it feels like I’m wrapped in a duvet. So warm, but belted to avoid that “Michelin Man” silhouette.

7. mrschanelO says:

i have been eyeing that burberry coat for ages. luhhhve it.

xx.
    mrschanelO.blogspot.com

8. The fur trimmed parka is casual yet sophisticated. great choices, i want them all.

9. deb says:

im ready for a new fur hooded military green: the one i have (spiewak), i’ve worn for the past two years. appreciate the pix & sales! ..so true about how no one sees what you are wearing underneath “the coat”! my winter uniform: fryes, gorge coat & scarf,… & good to go! enjoy your weekend! check this company out for tried & true, i think you’ll love (and affordable): http://www.spiewak.com/fashion/product/S4249W/

10. Such a great roundup! Since we don’t get much of a winter down in TX I have to admire these jackets from afar. Enjoy your beautiful winter wonderland! Sincerely, the lady who misses 4 seasons!!!

11. Excellent blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you suggest starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option?

There are so many options out there that I’m totally confused ..
    Any ideas? Thanks!