That’s A Wrap

Last evening we wrapped the shoot of my house for the book and I am completely depleted, happy, emotional and most of all, grateful.  This experience has been amazing and I still can’t believe I get to do it. From my amazing vendors that made my house impossibly pretty in a very short time (Makkas Drapery Workroom, Kravet, the Boston Design Center, Jules Place, Mohr & McPherson, Landry & Arcari and West Elm specifically) to my insanely awesome team at Erin Gates Design, Lindsey and Allison to my Mom for her plantings and green thumb and Stacy and Michael who made the shots look their very best, I cannot say thank you enough.

And a special thanks to Andrew- who put up with my raging stress, insane perfectionism, daily requests to paint this, plant that, walk the dogs, cook, clean and talk me off ledges.  It’s done, and now we can really kick back and enjoy this pretty home we’ve created.

I really hope you guys are going to love this book- blood, sweat and tears have gone into it (seriously, Lindsey cut her finger this week on a tape measure- actual blood) and I hope the final product will be everything you hope it is. Because this is for you.

A couple sneak peeks form our week on set at my house:

I am obsessed with this vase we borrowed, I may have to keep it. Cocktail napkins by Gramercy Home, drapes custom by Makkas Workroom)

insta1

I wallpapered the interior of my bar cabinet with Fornasetti Malachite paper from Cole & Sons.

insta8

A pretty arrangement I put together.

insta7

The Velvet Crisis of 2013- this fabric showed up 24 hours before the shoot and my heroes at Makkas whipped these up with time to spare. Amazing.

insta10

Setting up a tablescape. Decorative plate from Juliska. My wedding china by Vera Wang for Wedgewood.

insta9

A bedroom vignette. Painting by me, putting my BA in fine art to work.

insta6

A casualty en route from Homegoods. I put it back together with clear packing tape like the classy gal I am. Hey, you do what ya gotta do!

insta5

A little modern art (again, putting my skills to work) paired with traditional intaglios from Liz Caan’s shop.

insta4

I had these custom burl wood side tables made by the AMAZING Chuck Phillips. I’m kinda in love.

insta2

This is what it REALLY looks like to get the shot.

insta3

I’m going to go crash. But not for long, now I have to get busy writing!

40 Responses to “That’s A Wrap”

1. EAC says:

Those velvet pillows- swoon. Looking forward to seeing the book.

2. Maria says:

I can’t for your book!!!

3. Suzanne says:

Looks great, can’t wait to see the book!

4. Anne says:

I am so flipping excited for your book!! That bar cabinet wallpaper is genius! And I’m so in love with those velvet pillows! Need them in my life.

5. it was truly spectacular erin. so so glad i got to see all of you working your mini tochases off! As we left Lochie said, “oo I could live there!”..now that IS a compliment.

6. Adelyn says:

Way to go girl! I can’t wait to read the finished product!

Adelyn
    Simply Hepburn

7. Dawn says:

As a reader who’s been with you from the beginning, I’m just so excited for you — you work so hard and this is the payoff — it is very inspiring.
    I love the little “behind the scenes” shot – I think that would make a fun blog post — some behind the scenes/scrambling/panics/crisis averted stories and pics. Congrats Erin!

8. Erin says:

Everything looks amazing. Congrats to you!!! I can’t wait to read your book.
    In the photo with the burl wood side table, is that the Keaton Mitchell Gold sofa? If so, do you love it? I’m considering it but would love to know if you think it’s comfortable. What color is the fabric?

9. The photos are a great teaser for the book!

10. Ann says:

I’m seriously so excited to read (and admittedly, pour over the photos in) your book!

11. LOVE those Greek key drapes, and it’s so fun to see how that little bar of yours has evolved over the years! The malachite look is so pretty and unexpected.

12. Congratulations! Love it all! Cannot wait to buy the book!

13. Tara says:

What a tease for sure! But a good one! Love seeing bits here and there of what’s to come. Congrats again! You deserve all of this! Now go write that book, so we can get it. :)

14. Megan says:

Can’t wait! (times a million)

15. nancy says:

what fun! congrats, Erin!

16. Andrea says:

congrats!! It looks amazing and we can’t wait to see all the goodness. You’re a lucky, blessed, and hardworking lady. Well done!

17. Lexie says:

Gorgeous! Can’t wait to see the finished product!

18. Colleda says:

Bravo, Erin! Many congratulations to you and your team!!

19. Karena says:

Ooh Erin I can see this will be gorgeous beyond!!
    Love all of the very special elements!

Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

20. Thanks so much for the sneak peek. I am in love with the malachite wallpaper. Really looking forward to your book!

21. Can’t wait to see how it all comes together. The wallpaper in the bar is just beyond! Love love love. Me want! :)

22. coby says:

more more more pictures!! When will this book be ready?

And DEFINITELY keep the vase! It’s just too good with those drapes.

23. Natasha says:

I am in love with those pillows. They are fabulous. Can’t wait for the book to come out. I hope your promo tour includes a stop in NYC.

24. Stephanie says:

Those pillows and that wallpaper are fab! Love your style!

25. Erica says:

Looks so good! From your past shots, I think I can see some of where you’re going, at least in the living room. And your back patio is looking great!

26. Meaghan says:

SO beautiful! I’m dying a little bit over your custom side tables. Can’t wait for the book!

27. Patricia says:

What is the title of your book and when will it be released? Can’t wait to read it… will the patio space with the soon to ve famous stamped concrete be in it? with Grandma’s resprayed Brown Jordon patio furntiture?

28. Stephanie says:

First of all, I am SO excited for your book! These sneak peak shots are gorge!

Second, where is that wonderful green velvet fabric from? I love it and also love that you added the greek key. I basically want to have the same exact pillows made for my living room! You’re such an inspiration :)

29. Congratulations! I am SO excited for your book. I love your blog and design taste so I know it’s going to be so wonderful. Can’t wait to see your home in full. Also, please sell your art! I absolutely love it, especially the black and white piece.

30. Julie says:

ahhh! so so so good! I can’t wait to see it! kudos to you and your team & hubby too! love the sneak peeks!

31. Noelle says:

Congratulations on the book. Been following your blog for quite some time and am always looking to you for ideas and inspiration! Wondering how much of your home/photos will be your “actual living space” vs. styled space ie. borrowed/loaned pieces. I always feel my rooms pale in comparison to those I see on blogs and in books! Aghain, can’t way to buy and add to my collection!

32. LawFolk says:

I can’t say how proud I am of you and how excited I am to purchase a copy of your book. I’ve kept up with your blog daily for the last three years. When I go out of town and have no internet access, your blog is one of the first things I check once I have internet access, clicking back to read posts from days I missed. I wish you so much success and hope your wildest dreams in your career and life are fulfilled.

33. Caroline says:

Would love to hear more about the process of creating this book…..who pays for these shoots and the supplies (flower arrangements, etc)?

34. Linda says:

Congratulations! Everything looks fabulous. Can’t wait for your book!

35. Andi says:

A million congrats! I’m sure your book will be a HUGE success!!!

36. Franki says:

OMG!! You gave me shivers…then I got weepy…what an ACCOMPLISHMENT and with such STYLE! Well done one and all!! franki

37. cannot wait for the new reveal! in the meantime, your flower arranging are making us super jealous!! xx S&A

38. Courtney says:

Congrats! Can’t wait to see the finished product!

39. Congratulations, Erin! I am so thrilled for you and can’t wait to read your fabulous book! LOVE that arrangement you designed – it is stunning and one I’ll have to try and recreate! XO, Bren

40. Congratulations! What a combination of exhaustion, pride and excitement you must be feeling right now. I CAN’T WAIT to read it! Seriously, I know I sound really fan girl but I dying to see it. With your humor and on point style it’s sure to be a best seller.