Best Thing I’ve Seen This Week…

I about keeled over when I saw this little living room/entry set up A House in the Hills just installed in her home. That. mirror. is. everything.

LOOK.

a_house_in_the_hills_update_1029201300314

ENHANCE!

a_house_in_the_hills_update_1029201300603

ENHANCE!

a_house_in_the_hills_update_1029201301108

Ok, I will stop cracking myself up now. But for serious, let’s talk about this. I love the floating shelf with storage that she sketched up and had her carpenter build. It’s fantastic and was only $350.  The mirror, which I assumed was some vintage marvel, is actually from Restoration Hardware (P.S. here’s another big round mirror I am obsessed with)! Since that is her front door right there it helps define an “entry” area without taking up too much room. Genius.

a_house_in_the_hills_update_1029201300112

But let’s back up again and discuss the fact that she made a leather sectional look super chic.  The clean lines and bench seat help a lot, so if you’re looking for one take a cue from this. Her fab pillows are from Amber Interiors and help funk things up. All in all, I am loving this bohemian/modern look!

SHOP THE POST:

19 Responses to “Best Thing I’ve Seen This Week…”

1. LOVE LOVE this! Im having my hubs build me one of those shelves…Im dying over it.
    xo Nancy

2. jillian says:

yep that mirror is pretty gorgeous! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

3. Megan says:

I love how bright and fun this space is

4. Karena says:

Very good looking r0om!! Fabulous!

xoxo
    Karena
    Review: “Fifth Avenue Style”

5. that mirror is just gorgeous!

6. Classic! Love how she made it so modern looking.

7. Kathleen says:

And I love that her end table is from Target!

8. Jessica says:

Just got this little brass side table from Target over the weekend for the studio – matched it with some adorable brass desk lamps – you gotta come by ;)

9. Gina M. says:

Eveything is gorge!!! However, just a word of warning on the rug, it sheds like a beast!!!!!

10. Sarah Yates says:

Oh, thank you! Happy you love it! @ Gina M. there’s a trick with the rug! We had it scotch guarded (through a green cleaning company) and then we only vacuum it when absolutely necessary. It barely sheds anymore! We had a friend who was ready to destroy the carpet after having white fur bunnies all over her house for a year who tried the scotch guard- limited vacuuming and she LOVES it now! :)

11. Geneva says:

There is also this version from Wisteria that is even cheaper – I’ve lusted after it for months!

12. sketch42blog says:

I have a great simple round mirror from CB2. White, round, clean.

13. Ivy Lane says:

Love that mirror! well….all of it…. great space!

14. Gorgeous room! In the reflection of the mirror, I see what looks like a brass longhorn. I am a UT Grad from Texas and would love something like this! Do you remember the source?

Thank you!
    Tiffani Stutzman

15. franki says:

Oh, girl, that is SO CHIC!! franki

16. It’s perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this put up and if I may I want to recommend you some interesting issues or suggestions. Maybe you can write subsequent articles relating to this article. I desire to learn more things about it!

17. Darby Road says:

Amazing light and play on gold! It really sets of the tone of the sectional- gorgeous!

18. Caitlin says:

Hi Erin. I have a similar (and cheaper!!) mirror just like this and I absolutely ADORE it. In real life if it a striking gold like the mirror above.

xo