Artist Crush: Nell Waters Bernegger

I couple weeks ago I was perusing a One King’s Lane sale and saw an amazing piece of art I fell instantly in love with. I researched the artist’s name, Nell Waters Bernegger, and found a site FULL of amazing, gorgeous abstract works perfect for my clients (and myself). In fact, one now hangs in my own entry hall! I am going to do a skinny black floating frame around the edges it to finish it off.

photo 1-21

And a small limited edition print of one of her gouache pieces is in the living room! How fabulous are these colors?

photo 2-20photo 4-2

Nell is such a lovely person and I am so excited to share her work with you! She’s based in Connecticut and accepts commissions (not always something artists love to do). Here are a bunch of examples of her work- for pricing and availability on specific pieces email her at nellwb@optonline.net .

NELL 1IMG-20120607-00141

531244_385180434859602_1012893877_n

shapeimage_1postion

sutter #3

shapeimage_5

lillian august shoot

shapeimage_9shapeimage_10

551185_449350745109237_664610573_n

shapeimage_8

shapeimage_6

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

IMG_3649

build close upOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Some pricing parameters:

Works on paper: Artwork on 18 x 24 Arches archival paper is $950 unframed or $1200 with 24 x 30 frame (white, black, gold or driftwood).

Limited Edition prints are $175 unframed or $400 with frame.

Works on canvas: 48 x 72- $4600, 48 x 60 – $4300, 48x 48- $3800, 48 x 36 -$3200, 40 x 40- $2800, 36 x 36- $2500, 30 x 40 $2500, 36 x 24- $2000, 30 x 30 -$2000, 24 x 30 -$1600, 18 x 24 – $1400

13 Responses to “Artist Crush: Nell Waters Bernegger”

1. Ivy Lane says:

I typically do not gravitate to abstract art… THESE paintings are fabulous! I like how “soft” they are….. beautiful colour combinations….

2. wow, such lovely pieces!

3. Just beautiful, the color palette is amazing.

4. Sarah says:

Beautiful artwork.

Can I ask you where that brass curtain rod is from? I absolutely love it.

5. Brooke says:

Gorgeous. Random question – would you mind sharing the paint color in your hallway?

Love your blog and can’t wait for your book!!

6. Patrice says:

Are you kidding? Nell Waters Bernegger laughing all the way to the bank!

7. Andi says:

Absolutely gorgeous!

8. franki says:

Perfect accompaniment! franki

9. Erin Gates says:

Patrice- Until you’ve tried to paint an abstract yourself (that others want to buy), I think that kind of comment is unbelievably naive and rude.

10. Patrice says:

Since you have absolutely no idea what my background in art is, I think your comment is unbelievably thin skinned and condescending.

11. Erin Gates says:

Well, if you are an artist then it’s doubly rude to come here and publicly lambast someone else’s work. I really have no patience for comments like this anymore- what is the point in being a jerk in a public forum? It’s not constructive criticism, which I welcome, it’s being plain old MEAN. She can charge whatever she wants, it’s up to her and the marketplace to determine that. Not you.

12. Taryn says:

Hi Erin :) I wanted to thank you for two things today… 1. For using the word lambast. I totally didn’t know what that meant, now I do. AND 2. For introducing me to another new artist, it’s one of my favorite things you do.

P.S. Keep up the good work, you’re one of my favorite parts of the day. :)

Taryn

13. Maggie says:

I don’t even really love abstract pieces, but I can’t stop coming back to this post. Her pieces are absolutely stunning, and that print in your living room… swoon.