OscarPRGirl’s Colorful Cottage

I was flipping through my Elle Decor last night when I was stopped dead in my tracks by a spread on one of fashion’s most popular social media stars, OscarPRGirl, also known as Erika Bearman.  Her Southampton home, designed by none other than Miles Redd, is quite an exercise in bold doses of color mixed with a heavy dose of white.

Speaking of bold- how about this high gloss green living room?

Redd-EDC-09-13-11-lgn-30628443

This entry slays me. Love the paper paired with the stripe ceiling!

Redd-EDC-09-13-9-lgn-95577249

A black and white bathroom speaks to my monochromatic sensibilities.

Redd-EDC-09-13-3-lgn-61813169

More my style- the kitchen with the black grouted subway tile and custom hood.

Redd-EDC-09-13-2-lgn-71963249

Redd-EDC-09-13-6-lgn-37660952

That polka dot tablecloth is so darn cute.

Redd-EDC-09-13-7-lgn-13432149

A pink and navy guest room any girl would love to stay in.

Redd-EDC-09-13-5-lgn-16894508

Although this one is more my speed in turquoise and yellow…. that floor is one bold choice.

Redd-EDC-09-13-4-lgn-39855289

The only space I’m not hot on is the master- it’s more the styling than anything else- those red accessories don’t work for me (and I’m 99.9% sure they were brought in for the shoot and not how the room looks everyday).  If it were me I would have added a woven seagrass bench or for something more bold a pair of white leather and chrome Barcelona ottomans at the foot of the bed.

Redd-EDC-09-13-8-lgn-6087842

The master bath certainly is more bold fun. Miles doesn’t do understated.

Redd-EDC-09-13-10-lgn-91343365

peaking of color, a special thanks to Jaime Meares and the Furbish Studio team for a fun feature on styling an colorful and functional entry! Check it out HERE!

9712425355_c396f41e9d_o

14 Responses to “OscarPRGirl’s Colorful Cottage”

1. Franki says:

Oh, “hood envy!” franki

2. i literally just read this on the plane today coming back…i think i fell out on the opposite side as you though – the bedroom was my favorite (but agree on your barcelona recs) – that and the tiger print in the kitchen were my faves…

3. Lindsay says:

Yikes. Overkill for me. Although I don’t have anything against seahorses.

4. Love all the rooms on first glance but don’t think I could live with them….except the kitchen :)

5. I love Erika Bearman’s place too, I just want to be a guest so I can sleep in that darling guest room!

6. Karena says:

Erika’s home is fab thanks to Miles design.
    Loving the Master bath and the guest room!
    Fascinating Entry!

xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Artists Series

7. kristen says:

i just have to tell you that the picture of you in that furbish feature is the prettiest pic of you i have EVER seen! looking all dewy and gorgeous lady! xo

8. I am loving all of the color, and that black and white tiger print in the kitchen – so cool!
    xx lexi @ glitter, inc.

9. Megan says:

Hey Erin….Oh to have money and redo a “cottage”. One can dream. I love the fact that colour was used. Don’t get me wrong I love a great white room, however, it is so nice to see colour again. BTW- love that pic of you…it’s just as if you rolled out of bed like that! Don’t you wish- I know I do! Great Vignette- I especially love the baskets.

10. jessica says:

My entryway is my nemesis!!! Suuuper small/tight/nonexistent and just can’t figure out how to make it work…Please come over : ) It’s a beautiful vignette you put together! And by the by, the headshot of you that went along with it is GORG!

11. Dawna Jones says:

It’s a very interesting place to say the least. I like just a bit more continuity in my spaces.

12. Elizabeth says:

Where is the leopard “E” mug from that you’re holding in that last picture? I love it!

13. Courtney says:

Cute but wayyyyy too much going on.

14. [...] pair. There are many more amazing sights to see from the latest edition of Elle Decor, found via Elements of Style. That teal sings an emerald tune – cheers to the color of the [...]