On My Radar: New Finds from Target & West Elm

These days there is no excuse for bad decor since there is SO MUCH good design going on at retail stores all over.  Here are my current faves from two I shop at constantly: Target and West Elm.

I have loved every collection that Nate Berkus has released with Target thus far, but this one may take the cake!  Done almost entirely in my favorite palette of black, gold, wood and white I am ALL OVER these great finds.

I’m thinking these brass and stone modern lamps would look awesome in our new office.  And this pillow is all sorts of hot stuff.

imgimg3

LOVE this gold framed accent table, it look a hell of a lot more expensive then it is.  For more of a natural look try this woven stool.

img214555656_201307011600

A super hip two tone mirror and gold accent piece perfect for dressing up a bookshelf or console table.

14556495_201307301529img5

A pair of folding metal campaign stools are great for the end of a bed or under a console table, and this gold candelabra would make a great centerpiece on a dining table in lieu of flowers.

14558272_20130530132014556496_201306271200

These faux marble trays and this faux bone inlay frame are fabulous accents for any space.

14578261_20130903134214558499_201306271200

And while we’re talking about Target, check out these other insanely great items from their Threshold line.  High style at a low price.  For example, a brass and wood bar cart for under $130 and a leather strap mirror for under $25.

14556506_20130722151614523640_130517103000

Totally crazy about these two side tables- both the brass and wood and brass wire.

14523634_20130604113514327352_130206020000

How about this sleek wood octagon mirror and gold based gourd lamp??

14581099_20130628112014728743_201308151302

And now onto West Elm, which is KILLING it right now too with their new releases! I mean, I can;t tell you how many time I sat up and yelled “SO GOOD!” while perusing the site.

First and foremost, these nailhead pieces, side table and dresser- DYYYYIIINNNNG.

img18oimg15o

I was SO pumped to see they partnered with Boston based furniture maker Richard Watson to make an affordable version of his INCREDIBLE highboy (right) which I have been lusting after since seeing it at the gorgeous Beacon Hill shop Good.  Someday I will have one.

img25ohighboy-01

A great daybed perfect for a space that serves double duty, like an office/guest room and a bar that look like perhaps it was vintage.

img35oimg43o

AWESOME capiz shell fixtures that would look amazing above this wood dining table.

img13oimg22o

LOVE the mid-century collection- especially the new black and brass pieces like the desk and dresser.

imgimg2

LOVE this brass and black floor lamp, may have to get for my house. Also these simple stripe throws are great.

img54oimg8o

Everyone needs a furry throw for fall and winter- faux fur or mongolian lamb adds great texture to your decor (and my dogs are obsessed with snuggling on mine).

img52oimg6o

How sculptural and cool is this towel rack???? And these toasters with wood panels???

img38oimg28c

Totally getting this gold rimmed jewelry box for my new dresser, absolutely gorgeous way to display your trinkets. For a bit of bling elsewhere, his gilded pillow will do.

img82oimg77o

You all know I can’t say no to a good stripe- these wool pillows and bedding (not new, but rather re-released) are so awesome.

img16oimg17c

Love the gold bottom weekender with stripes (kind of made for me) and this little anchor oven mit!!!!

img4cimg19c

25 Responses to “On My Radar: New Finds from Target & West Elm”

1. Wow… I might need to blame you for my next credit card bill :)

2. Ashley says:

I can’t believe that gold barcart is from Target! They definitley deserve a slow clap for that one.

3. jillian says:

wow! so many great finds. i really love all of the side-tables! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

4. Diplospice says:

You are the best personal shopper ever! I just took care of about half of my Chirstmas shopping with those faux fur throws and the fabulous monagrammed weekender. Thanks!

5. emptyhouse says:

Does anyone have that 2 tone mirror? The dimensions online are wrong and Target doesn’t have them on the phone. Yes thank you for pointing out what I should be shopping for, you make it easy!

6. JUST purchased the Nate Berkus marble tray for my desk over the weekend. There are too many amazing things at Target right now.

7. I love the West Elm items! They just have such stylish stuff at really unbelievable prices. I love their decor around the holidays too, it just makes me so happy.

8. I couldn’t agree more! I was perusing the West Elm website this weekend and was blown away by just how many great things they have right now! Great list!

9. Laura says:

I also love Target and West Elm. Just bought the tree stump side table, and absolutely adore it! Just can’t decide which room I like it in more. While looking for a reasonably priced upholstered bench, I found this french yellow button-tufted bench from Target for my living room.

10. Whitney says:

I also love the highboy! Looked into the real deal and found out that Richard Watson is actually two ladies (las names). Makes it even better, in my opinion!

11. kate marrin says:

Lord help me if I walk into Target for toilet paper and walk out with another side table or pillow..Nate Berkus is killin’ it over there!

12. Erica says:

Kate, I feel the same. I used to never get out of Target spending less than $75 (even if I went in for toothpaste), and now it’s much higher.

13. Kelie says:

I’m just going to say it….the quality of the Nate Berkus stuff at Target is TOTAL CRAP. Yes, it definitely photographs well, but in person it’s worse than Ikea.

14. The quality at Target worries me -I was just there this weekend and saw a few items that I liked until I looked closer. However, West Elm is awesome -good quality, particularly for the price. No qualms shopping there!

15. Ana Antunes says:

Great post Erin! I can’t believe the prices of all Nate Berkus items for Target!! Ohhh I wish I had Target in Europe!!… sigh…

16. smash says:

OBSESSED with this post, AND Target, AND West Elm. They are both killing it right now. xx

17. Comfy Cozy Couture says:

You are definitely right…I adore everything from Target + West Elm right now!! The nailhead dresser and Target accessories are gorgeous!

18. Andi says:

Ahhh I want it all!!! Such gorgeous pieces!!!

19. Franki says:

Fabulous selections!!! That bar cart is a certain. Just read a blog about “Clink”…have you reviewed it?? Need an excursion to Boston… franki

20. Dawna Jones says:

It’s so refreshing to see company’s like these cater to a price point that most can achieve, while still maintaining style. The only problem I can find is ditching everything I have in lieu of starting over!

Thanks for sharing Erin, great taste.

21. pve says:

You need to add west elm and target to your list, for sponsors. They need to know how much you are adding to the economy. Great finds.
    pve

22. Nichole says:

Great post…..thanks for sharing! I need to go to West Elm NOW!

23. left side says:

Hi Dear, are you really visiting this site daily, if so after
    that you will definitely get pleasant know-how.
    left side

24. cake says:

Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this website.
    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s
    challenging to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appeal.
    I must say that you’ve done a superb job with this. Also,
    the blog loads very fast for me on Internet explorer.
    Outstanding Blog!