Obsessed With: Cameron Diaz’s Living Room

When I was flipping through the new Elle Decor I became instantly obsessed with Cameron Diaz’s NYC living room designed by the one and only Kelly Wearstler. I absolutely LOVE the palette of peach, canary yellow, gold, black, white and stone. It’s feminine get totally cool AND a combo I haven’t seen a lot of either.

Diaz-EDC-09-13-06-xln

Here’s my take on how to get this amazing palette and look on your own:

cameron

1. // 2. // 3. // 4. (fabric for upholstery on #5) // 5. // 6. // 7. // 8. // 9. // 10. // 11. // 12. // 13. // 14. // 15. // 16. // 17.

And I have to say happy anniversary to my biggest supporter, fan and friend Andrew. Eight years has gone so fast, and through it all, I wouldn’t want anyone else by my side in life. xo

21 Responses to “Obsessed With: Cameron Diaz’s Living Room”

1. Love this post. I was totally taken by that gigantic geode on the coffee table and that light fixture. Color palette is brilliant!

2. Franki says:

You GO you TWO!! Hugs! franki

3. It’s odd because I normally can’t stand peach rooms but I like this one – then again it is Kelly W…

4. Loved this too! The only criticism I had was it seemed a little dark for Cameron Diaz, she seems to me like a person who would live in a light filled home but maybe she likes to nest!

5. UrbanGrape says:

I just worked out next to her this morning at Equinox, and she was wearing a canary yellow sports bra, so it must be her thing!

6. Love this! Great finds – especially that chair from Reagan Hayes. Gorgeous.

7. Karena says:

Erin, I love it too; all of her pieces have beautiful lines. The lemony soft yellow is a winner as an accessory. I would have the shades pulled up to let in as much natural light as possible!

xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Artists Series

8. Anna says:

It’s a bit Dynasty, no? Not that it’s a bad thing! Alexis Colby would totally scheme about destroying people in a room like this. While wearing a turban, natch!

9. Tara says:

Happy Anniversary, Erin!!

10. Denise says:

I want that geode!

11. Abby says:

Love this room! And it’s my anniversary too! Happy anniversary, Erin!

12. kate marrin says:

You had me at Kelly Wearstler..swoon..

13. Builder designs the building. North Park general contractor builds it

14. Susan says:

I like your take on the room better than Kelly’s design….I looked at this photo, and maybe it’s just me, but it feels so elderly, and a bit 80′s. And her chair on the right hand side…oh, dear.. really? Yours = way, way better!

15. Sara says:

Erin,
    I have to say I like your take on the color scheme MUCH better than Kelly’s design! I just can’t get into the chairs she chose…not even sure which of the two is worse.
    Happy Anniversary!!
    -Sara
    P.S. Thanks for blogging everyday, yours is my fav. and one of the highlights of my day. :)

16. Sara says:

Oh, haha, just read Susan’s comment…should have written “ditto!” Amen, Susan, amen!

17. Erika G says:

OK I mean with this love- because I love this room/ the find/ your picks! But I think two weeks ago you wrote a post about how much you hate when someone gives you a picture of a room and says “I want my room to look like this” and how you hate to see work copied, but now you do this this post. Isn’t that exactly what you are doing here? Just copying/ building on something Kelly Wearstler already did?
    Don’t get me wrong- keep the Kelly posts coming! I like allowing a little creative leniency when it comes to being inspired by others. just thought I’d throw this out there. :)

18. Jackie says:

I love the artwork in both! I agree with the commenters who said that your picks are better than Kelly’s though-love the chairs you chose, the light fixture, and the Dash and Albert rug.

19. Claire says:

I swear we are so often on the same page! I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time we have blogged about the same thing only a day or two apart. I must be giving you inspiration, ha! I just did a little post about her apartment as well…Thank you for the fantastic ‘similar finds’. You always have a great eye for design! Regards ; )

20. Rebecca Dean says:

I am obsessed with this room too! It’s gorgeous! I love the rug you chose, so pretty and soft. Do you have any idea where the pink fabric on the chair in Cameron’s room is from? I’ve been trying to stalk it down online and cant find it!!

21. Brigitte says:

I truly wanted to type a word to express gratitude to
    you for the lovely tricks you are sharing at this site.
    My rather long internet search has at the end of the day been rewarded with wonderful facts and
    strategies to exchange with my neighbours.

I would declare that many of us site visitors are extremely lucky to live in
    a remarkable place with many lovely individuals with very beneficial plans.

I feel truly fortunate to have discovered the web page and look forward to some more fun moments reading
    here. Thanks again for all the details.

Here is my web-site – funny pics and quotes, Brigitte,